Science Forums

I was abducted by David Letterman

ryan2006

I was in my house watching television the other night and I turned on the late night show with David Letterman. All of the sudden I was sucked through the electrical current that runs to the telephone that he was using when he was saying he was Batman. It was a strange ecounter I had never experienced a show that people were eating compost so I waited for Conan O'brien to come on while watching IPTV and decided that if I had the chance to have an unoffending probe such a Letterman again I'd better watch out for the channel he abducts you on. I hope you all get a laugh.

• 8 months later...

I didn’t notice this strange claim gem until lemit’s bump of it. :)

I was in my house watching television the other night and I turned on the late night show with David Letterman. All of the sudden I was sucked through the electrical current that runs to the telephone that he was using when he was saying he was Batman.
Perhaps overwhelmed by its general weirdness, nobody’s pointed out an obvious problem with the claim:

The Late Show with David Letterman airs at 11:30 PM in several time zones, but is recorded at 5:30 PM EST. At the moment you watch Letterman doing something on the show, he’s actually long gone from the studio. If you were sucked through the phone while watching the show to where and when Letterman was using the phone, you’d not only be being sucked through space, but at least 7 hours through time.

Though I suppose a little time travel is no big deal once you’ve experienced a profound electric sucking. ;)

Hey ... are you sure, Ryan, that your post isn’t the setup for a joke to which you forgot to deliver the punch line?

Setup:
I was in my house watching television the other night and I turned on the late night show with David Letterman. All of the sudden I was sucked through the electrical current that runs to the telephone that he was using when he was saying he was Batman.

Response:
That’s ... strange ...

Punchline:
Not really – everybody says Letterman really sucks.
(rimshot)

Top Ten Reason's to be abducted by David Letterman:

10. You've got a cat that can *actually* talk.

9. You're Danica Patrick and he want's your sponsors back at Rahal-Letterman

8. You're on the roof of the Ed Sullivan Theater with Paul Schaeffer and you're threatening to

7. You stole his toupee

6. You stole his Porche and told the toll booth attendant that you're his wife.

5. You're running a petition to have
every week.

4. You're Craig Ferguson and he's tired of you complaining about the holes in your studio ceiling.

3. You stole all his pencils and white socks.

2. You refuse to buy a copy of Fun Facts! (Only $19.95!)

1. You're

If it wasn't for the coffee, I'd have no identifiable personality whatsover, :)

Buffy

Buffy, that's a good list even though it doesn't mention the sneezing monkey.

I was going to suggest the punchline might involve a 12-inch pianist, but after Buffy's list, that just seems lame. That's strange. A 12-inch pianist joke never seemed lame before.

--lemit