Science Forums

Marketing of The Forum

Grains

InfiniteNow, this is probably one of your last open attacks on our membership. I don't know why you feel the need to attack me - or anyone else - in public. But at least that gives me a reason to respond in public.

negative reputation is not a punishment. It is a personal response which is open for anyone who has reached 10 posts. It means I did not like your posts and felt that they were so bad I had to leave you negative feedback. You then turn that back on me by using it as dirt in your mudslinging contest.

I fear that you BADLY misinterpret my purpose, but I will respectfully STFU as was implicitly requested in your post.

And btw, T... This IS the feedback forum. :hihi:

Yes, it is the feedback forum. But you have used it to raise hell about Hypography, it's staff and now me personally. I have not told you to STFU, rather I suggested alternative channels for your complaints, since they were personal and thinly veiled attacks.

Thanks for the neg rep, too. :evil:

This is mostly post padding. And it's another petty attack on me.

Wow, Tormod. Thanks for waking the sleeping dogs and abusing your Administrator privileges by giving me two consecutive neg reps for this thread this morning (on top of the one you already gave me three weeks ago).

I am not sure what you mean by "waking the sleeping dogs". Which administrator privilege would I be abusing? Neg-repping is not an administrator privilege.

I must say, I'm rather disgusted at how you've been treating feedback here, including the fact that bugs on the site are going unresolved.

1. We solve most bugs

2. We can't solve all: They are related to the forum software which we - as you *very* well know - has no built on our own but is a commercially available piece of software.

3. Exactly *how* have I "been treating feedback" here?

You don't exactly make user comments about the site and its functioning a safe and welcoming option for people who wish to share them.

Again, how? Are you generalising because *you* are getting negreps and responses which tell you that you are overdoing it?

By doing this, you're really no better than the wingjobs who come here spouting ridiculous BS and who only listen to people who agree with them.

Okay, go for the player rather than the ball. Fine. I think you should be very concerned about how *you* are perceived by our other members.

But, really? Two straight neg reps... all this time later? Whatever dude. I know it's technically your site, so do with it what you will.

Yes, two. And they were both deserved. And I have been on vacation for three weeks so I couldn't leave them sooner. I am however sad to see you keeping up your crusade while I'm away. Maybe you need a vacation too, Inow.

Yes, it is the feedback forum. But you have used it to raise hell about Hypography, it's staff and now me personally.

That's really quite an irrelevant point, T. You told me to take my comments to the feedback forum, and I was reminding you that we were already there.

Which administrator privilege would I be abusing? Neg-repping is not an administrator privilege.

Please tell me which members other than an admin can give neg reps twice in a row to the same person within 30 seconds of each other?

If you can name one, I will retract my comment.

I think you should be very concerned about how *you* are perceived by our other members.

I'd welcome a vote on this issue. Since you seem to speak for the membership, let's put your thoughts to an empirical test. Not that Hypography is a democracy, not by any means, but if you're going to claim that my contributions here are more unwelcome than not, I suggest you open a poll.

"I think InfiniteNow is a valuable contributor to Hypography."

Yes/No

Doesn't matter. You run the place, and you don't want me here. Simple as that.

you don't want me here.

Finally. Let's cut to the chase. I want you here, as do most of our staff members IINM. But I don't want your constant whining, bitching, attacks on other members, complaining like a kid about this and that not being the way you want it, or how it used to be, or how many bugs there are that are not being paid attention to.

So either you shape up or you get out and find another outlet for your frustration. It's up to you.