Science Forums

Stem cell research help

ton-loc

http://stemcells.nih.gov/index.asp

- this site has a lot of information, probably more than you'll need, but I recommend reading through it. It is the government's site, so it has a lot of the laws, and regulations. This will help you get a feel for the legalities involved. Knowing more than your opponent is half the battle in a debate.

OK, let's get a little more detailed. I am not aware of a single anti-stem cell person out there. Oh there are bound to be a few luddites that will want to stop anything new and some religionists that don't want anyone to interfer with their gods' desire to torture, maim and kill his creation. But the issue as being played out in the US tends to be exclusively WHICH stem cells. Adult or embryonic.

So when you say you are "Pro-stem cell", do you actually mean "Pro- embryonic stem cell"?

Or are you fighting ALL of the luddites and believers?

here i though there might be some specific usage data for pro stem cell research .. nevermind

human therapeutic regeneration?? cloning? bringing back extinct animals.. etc etc etc

what specifically are you pro and what are the rest of the opinions around here?

stem cell research should not be stymied by ethics. because there are ways of harvesting them from adults.

is war ethical, is stem cell research ethical, is nuking iraq ethical.. yimmeny but are you people ever hung up on ethics.. geez...