Science Forums

Why do UFO's spin?

paigetheoracle

One last interesting question:-

If not all UFO's spin, do all celestial bodies and if so why? I've noticed that if you kick something along the ground, it rolls or spins, unless there is reduced friction as on ice. Could it be that this is the material worlds way of dealing with resistance to ensure movement continues?:shrug:

This is not an UFO, but it is a spinning flying saucer. Spin means stability, although the article does not mention the spin other than in the opening. :fire:

...Roy applied his experience doing U.S. Air Force-funded plasma research to develop the propulsion system devoid of typical aircraft parts such as propellers and engines. Here is how it works: Electrodes lining the vehicle’s surface ionize the surrounding air. This creates plasma on the vehicle’s exterior. An electrical current sent through this plasma generates a force that not only produces the necessary lift and momentum. It also stabilizes the vehicle in windy conditions. ...

New Flying Saucer Runs on Plasma | LiveScience

If this turns into a large scale workable aircraft, perhaps some UFO's utilize the same principles. :msn:

PS :Guns: Just saw Moontan's previous post. :clue::doh::fan: I'll leave this as the quote is good. :rip:

But the path from concept to production may not be smooth. Flying in Earth’s air requires a thrust at least 10 times greater than in outer space where drag and gravity are lower. And the plasma necessary to fly also obstructs wave transmission used for communicating with a remote source.
Roy also envisions the craft in other atmospheres, such as that of Saturn’s moon Titan,
Electrodes lining the vehicle’s surface ionize the surrounding air. This creates plasma on the vehicle’s exterior. An electrical current sent through this plasma generates a force
It would seem to me that it wouldn't work at all in space as air is a rather scarce comodity in space:hihi:

• 3 weeks later...

This may sound a little silly but could flying saucers be shaped the way they are for the same reason foam is spun into discs by whirlpools? I saw a program on TV about the Bermuda triangle, where oceanographers said that mounds on the sea bed caused spirals above them, through the action of tides and currents (Think of a fire stick and the backwards and forwards movement of each hand, to generate spin on the stick itself). This made me wonder if the same thing occurred with mountains and air? Could the Egyptians have latched onto this and could this explain the design of the pyramids, for what purpose I can't even speculate at this time but maybe it has to do with kites and thermals? Maybe Flying Saucers use these thermals to glide to Earth too, manipulating local conditions? (Energy saving manoeuvre, even if it couldn't be used for take off).

• 8 months later...

I found this very interesting because you referred to corkscrewing off. I've actually seen this personally! I have no doubt the craft were alien since I saw them at very close range (several feet). They defied gravity, moved without sound, and left no smoke. I have always wondered about the same thing. Each craft left in this way. I asked a physicist once who pointed out that it would reduce the energy required. He was a staunch skeptic, or at least pretended to be so the discussion pretty much ended there.

I should point out that these craft circled each other!! How strange is that? It seemed as though they were playing, but there had to be a purpose, perhaps a purpose other than my entertainment. It seemed methodical- each craft. This happened after I was "scanned". I assume that it was sharing data perhaps - some sort of redundancy relay system. Perhaps a rotational data dock is better than a static pipe for important info ;) I had multiple witnesses both on the site, and away in another town hundreds of km away that night. Please spare me on the weather balloons, you're crazy, and what did you smoke approach response.

I remember looking at a photograph of particle disintegration. The particle followed a spiral path. I guess I likened this to the ships moving away from our planet, generating their own worm-hole. Perhaps that particle goes to the same place as they do...I guess this was the first and only connection I made with science and the "event". Perhaps even asking about the science is moot, since an ant obviously cannot understand the complex behavior of a baboon ;)

I guess when Einstein said: "great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds", he was really referring to those "skeptics" who are really like religious zealots in a way. If your back is up, ask why -take a step back, anyone who would doubt me- remember the reason why you got into science in the first place. sorry to go off topic here, but I'm quite sure I'll encounter a few doubting Thomas’s in a science forum, who might ask where the proof is....well I would ask you if you think a monkey is capable of finding a sparkplug from a human so he can prove that we exist...even if he sees the airbus fly overhead...

Obviously I'm not making this up, I hope I don't seem crazy :eek:, these ships were not from Earth, or that power would have eliminated the others by now....like I said, not Venus, ball lightening, weather balloons, the space station or swamp gas.

:)

I found this very interesting because you referred to corkscrewing off. I've actually seen this personally! I have no doubt the craft were alien since I saw them at very close range (several feet). They defied gravity, moved without sound, and left no smoke. I have always wondered about the same thing. Each craft left in this way. I asked a physicist once who pointed out that it would reduce the energy required. He was a staunch skeptic, or at least pretended to be so the discussion pretty much ended there.

I should point out that these craft circled each other!! How strange is that? It seemed as though they were playing, but there had to be a purpose, perhaps a purpose other than my entertainment. It seemed methodical- each craft. This happened after I was "scanned". I assume that it was sharing data perhaps - some sort of redundancy relay system. Perhaps a rotational data dock is better than a static pipe for important info ;) I had multiple witnesses both on the site, and away in another town hundreds of km away that night. Please spare me on the weather balloons, you're crazy, and what did you smoke approach response.

I remember looking at a photograph of particle disintegration. The particle followed a spiral path. I guess I likened this to the ships moving away from our planet, generating their own worm-hole. Perhaps that particle goes to the same place as they do...I guess this was the first and only connection I made with science and the "event". Perhaps even asking about the science is moot, since an ant obviously cannot understand the complex behavior of a baboon :(

I guess when Einstein said: "great spirits often encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds", he was really referring to those "skeptics" who are really like religious zealots in a way. If your back is up, ask why -take a step back, anyone who would doubt me- remember the reason why you got into science in the first place. sorry to go off topic here, but I'm quite sure I'll encounter a few doubting Thomas’s in a science forum, who might ask where the proof is....well I would ask you if you think a monkey is capable of finding a sparkplug from a human so he can prove that we exist...even if he sees the airbus fly overhead...

Obviously I'm not making this up, I hope I don't seem crazy :), these ships were not from Earth, or that power would have eliminated the others by now....like I said, not Venus, ball lightening, weather balloons, the space station or swamp gas.

:hyper:

And I thought this thread was dead!:(

You don't seem crazy to me and make interesting points that I will take up in due course but first - I've just joined a UK UFO website forum that is as sceptical as hell but with believers like me on it too. What you notice (and this is very relevant to your post) is that you are looked down upon for having any belief in the subject as though the site is there just to rubbish the subject. In other words you must toe the party line and it is blasphemy to talk of the 'demon' demonstrated in the subject (You don't talk about the black sheep of the family but act as if it didn't exist because it fails to follow the rules of the paradigm, so leaves you stunned and baffled): A perfect example of this was my sighting of a mothership that my school friends completely ignored as though it didn't exist but obviously did because it was recorded in John Keel's book 'UFO's: Operation Trojan Horse' as being seen world-wide.

Viktor Schauberger likened the forces in the universe to resembling the movement of water and consisting of four things - one of which was spiral motion: Early reports of UFO's describe them as floating to Earth like leaves or spiralling upwards or downwards and 'scientists' talked of the saucer shape as being the perfect design for a craft moving through the air and descending from outer space. Water spirals down the sink because that is the most efficient way for molecules to follow each other out of the bath and allow to displaced at the same time to allow this to happen.

As for an ant not being able to make head nor tail of a monkey's lifestyle, that is a brilliant analogy of what we face here. Science is an attitude to mystery not an institution defending its own limits. Christ made the same point - the church isn't a building but the people within it. The truth is out there and it's being kept out there by the Matrix doormen, who don't want riff-raff like us getting in and spoiling the illusion of perfection (everything known and under control - hence the unknown(UFO's, ghosts, unknown animals etc):naughty: scaring the living daylights out of them as it means they are not God).

Thanks for your kind words. A little support goes a long way. I found your reference to the coriolis interesting. Of course I realized this before, and the fact that it's the most efficient way for a liquid to move down a smaller channel. I hadn't thought of this recently however, so it was "refreshing".

I wanted to mention that I'm in the northern hemisphere, and all circling, and spiralling was in the clockwise direction. I wonder if I was down-under, if these guys would have moved counter-clockwise. More food for thought for sure!

I don't think science can grasp it's own limits. The experts on both sides of this debate seem to talk with such confidence about either how it's impossible, or how the probing and longitudinal studies of us are amounting to this or that. I think everyone needs to realize that there are probably as many motives and types of creatures visiting us as we can possibly imagine.

I used to think it was a good thing to bring this into the public eye, but the more I learn, the more I think about it, the more I understand and side with the global cover-up.

Sad isn't it? Somehow it gives me comfort. Perhaps it's the result of fighting trauma, and coming to terms with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your kind words. A little support goes a long way. I found your reference to the coriolis interesting. Of course I realized this before, and the fact that it's the most efficient way for a liquid to move down a smaller channel. I hadn't thought of this recently however, so it was "refreshing".

I wanted to mention that I'm in the northern hemisphere, and all circling, and spiralling was in the clockwise direction. I wonder if I was down-under, if these guys would have moved counter-clockwise. More food for thought for sure!

I don't think science can grasp it's own limits. The experts on both sides of this debate seem to talk with such confidence about either how it's impossible, or how the probing and longitudinal studies of us are amounting to this or that. I think everyone needs to realize that there are probably as many motives and types of creatures visiting us as we can possibly imagine.

I used to think it was a good thing to bring this into the public eye, but the more I learn, the more I think about it, the more I understand and side with the global cover-up.

Sad isn't it? Somehow it gives me comfort. Perhaps it's the result of fighting trauma, and coming to terms with it.

Talking of the Coriolus effect - I personally see it as the same thing as subjective and objective time differences as mentioned by Einstein et al. When energy rushes into a vacuum, it pours in fast seemingly, until it reaches its maximum capacity and then time appears to slow down again: It's like coming out of a cinema - the flood of light overwhelms us until we adjust (fill up with it), then it doesn't affect us as badly.

I question the premise that most UFOs spin, I have read literally hundreds of reports and I honestly don't remember more than a few, less than a dozen that reported the UFO as spinning. Even disk shaped or round UFOs are rarely reported as spinning. Where are you getting the idea that most UFOs spin?

I have seen all sorts of videos of indistinct points of light. How can anyone determine that a point spins?

This thread reminds me of a time some 30 years ago on a warm summer night when a group was pointing at these odd little lights crossing the sky. Someone in the group was pointing out these UFOs. I pointed at one and said watch that one it's going to disappear. And it did!

Creepy!

Actually the group was watching circumpolar satellites and I had guessed that one of the satellites was about to pass into the Earth's shadow. I was right. That was creepy. Can't believe I got it right. So creepy.

PS These dots of light did not appear to spin even though the UFO expert in the group was claiming to see antennas on the UFOs with his naked eye viewing.

I question the premise that most UFOs spin, I have read literally hundreds of reports and I honestly don't remember more than a few, less than a dozen that reported the UFO as spinning. Even disk shaped or round UFOs are rarely reported as spinning. Where are you getting the idea that most UFOs spin?

Didn't you make that same point once before or did you think no-one was listening? (like shouting in a crowded bar): We're going round in circles with this argument about spinning UFO's!;)

Someone in the group was pointing out these UFOs. I pointed at one and said watch that one it's going to disappear. And it did!

Creepy!

Actually the group was watching circumpolar satellites and I had guessed that one of the satellites was about to pass into the Earth's shadow. I was right. That was creepy. Can't believe I got it right. So creepy.

PS These dots of light did not appear to spin even though the UFO expert in the group was claiming to see antennas on the UFOs with his naked eye viewing.

Well there you go - proof, QED: If the theory is right you can reproduce the results unerringly.;)

Didn't you make that same point once before or did you think no-one was listening? (like shouting in a crowded bar). I didn't say all or even the majority and I explained that as well, so we're going round in circles with this argument about spinning UFO's!;)

You are the one who keeps saying they spin, hell airplanes sometimes spin just before they hit the ground, you are trying to argue in the style of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Unless most or a significant number of UFOs spin the reason they do so could be as varied as the small number than do. It might be that on the ones in trouble spin, maybe they have lost their gyroscopes, it's a pointless question unless you have more info to go on.

You are the one who keeps saying they spin, hell airplanes sometimes spin just before they hit the ground, you are trying to argue in the style of how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Unless most or a significant number of UFOs spin the reason they do so could be as varied as the small number than do. It might be that on the ones in trouble spin, maybe they have lost their gyroscopes, it's a pointless question unless you have more info to go on.

Sounds like you're rattled Good Buddy?

I was replying to your quote, not my own - read it and then give me a relevant reply, instead of getting hot under the collar. However the point you make above could be valid if the majority of reports you mention are genuine and not mis-identifications of something else (Remember, only a small percentage of UFO reports cannot be explained as something else and I'm even willing to give you that point, disbeliever! May the Gods of the Great Computer Url strike you dead, if I'm wrong! (I would have said 'me' but why take the risk that they might be real?).;)

No anger paige, i like to discuss things but in all the many years I've been interested in UFOs I've never read a credible report that described the UFO as spinning, so far you have ventured no evidence for this at all just claims. Lets see some credible reports of spinning UFOs! It's the whole idea of disks, the first UFOs were mistakingly described as flying saucers and subsequent UFOs were often described as disks even though the first reports were not of disks. It was a exaggeration by the news media, no disks until they said disks. does this make you think about the veracity of disk reports at all?

No anger paige, i like to discuss things but in all the many years I've been interested in UFOs I've never read a credible report that described the UFO as spinning, so far you have ventured no evidence for this at all just claims. Lets see some credible reports of spinning UFOs! It's the whole idea of disks, the first UFOs were mistakingly described as flying saucers and subsequent UFOs were often described as disks even though the first reports were not of disks. It was a exaggeration by the news media, no disks until they said disks. does this make you think about the veracity of disk reports at all?

Have you tried Googling spinning UFO's? If you had, you'd see several different reports from places as diverse as Holland, France, even America. Whether you 'believe' these are not credible or alien is up to you but the thing to remember is that whether you are a believer or a sceptic, you cannot 'know' for sure what they are unless extremely clear sightings to you personally. What do I mean by this? As I said elsewhere recently, second hand information depends on the witnesses interpretation of what they saw and then yours on top of that (As you weren't there you cannot be sure what anyone else saw).

On top of this things are what they are but only they know for sure what they are - to simplify with an example: You see a light in the sky and assume it is a plane but only the object knows for sure if it is a UFO, helicopter, airship, meteorite, ball lightning etc. you can only guess unless it gets close enough for you to identify without doubt. To clarify further the believer and belief are separate from that which is observed (or can be).

I have two terms I find useful in this context - 'Recognition Point', where something unclear and mysterious suddenly clicks into place as something you've seen before and you realize what that is and 'Discrimination Point', where something that has merged into the background, again becomes obvious as being separate from it but is unrecognizable because it is unknown to us from previous experience.

So you're not angry? Maybe it's the brusque and to the point style you have, that gives this impression?:hihi: