Science Forums

What do you think is the most useless thing that costs a lot of money?

Michaelangelica

Well there is the $30,000 watch that tells the difference between night and day (that's all it does) that sold out in a few weeks.

My vote goes to the Cloaca Machine

You put food in the top and **** comes out the bottom

These turds are sold in Art Galaries (They have just had to double the price)

It's a machine that mimics the human digestive system, from the mouth to the bottom hole. Delvoye feeds Cloaca normal human food and **** comes out the other end. The end product is wrapped in plastic and sold to adoring art collectors.

Art News Blog: August 2006

The Iraq War..... Duh

I.C.B.M.s

Well, armament generally. If you compare the amount spent on armament worldwide even the Iraq war in negliglible...

But Michaelangelica, you maybe meant not political things, I would say all the jewelries that cost millions, all the bloody expensive cars, etc. I do not think that there is a most useless thing, there are so many extremely expensive things that exist.

So? Additionally a diamond for a few milions is no art for me. And by the way the cloaca machine described by michaelangelica is art too...

IMO art is creative process of taking basic elements to a higher ordered state. Not every one can do this well. creating poop from food is the opposite process, and can be done buy anyone. The people that buy **** thinking it is art, well that's nothing new.

This piece started with a $20 boulder of Montana Moss agate and is now worth between 7-8 thousand dollars. From a few paints a piece of canvases a chunk of stone you get The Mona Lisa..... Michelangelo's David........... that is an art.

IMO art is creative process of taking basic elements to a higher ordered state. Not every one can do this well. creating poop from food is the opposite process, and can be done buy anyone. The people that buy **** thinking it is art, well that's nothing new.

[ATTACH]2294[/ATTACH] This piece started with a $20 boulder of Montana Moss agate and is now worth between 7-8 thousand dollars. From a few paints a piece of canvases a chunk of stone you get The Mona Lisa..... Michelangelo's David........... that is an art.

Now that is ART! Creativity is what makes us human and the type of extreme creativity portrayed in this sculpture is human to the nth degree. Creativity cannot be bought at any price but almost anything can be over priced. How about a Birck pocket book $250,000? I guess you could carry a million dollors worth of **** in it!

Define useless.

Art while not useful...is not useless as it provides a venue of self expression. In it's creation it finds use.

I think Vista has a home here:hihi:

Crotchless panties too....ya gots to be pretty lazy...:)

Futons....hey yer still sleepin on a couch....besides a real couch tends to be more comfy to snooze on.

High heel style steel toed shoes (believe it or not they do make them open backs and all. Our secretary at work wears em. I guess it's better to get yer ankle broke than yer toes:doh: )

Plastic ramps for vehicle servicing.

Cheaply made hand tools

Expencive cordless tools with exceedingly short charge life and long charge times.

Cheapy welders from Mart and other discount tool suppliers.

Cheapy musical instruments and accessories

All major search browsers and most of the sites they lead you to.:):doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Definitly the winner as the most usless P.O.S. Sadly I've yet to land an effective alternative....so sick of wasting hours waiding through $#i+ trying to find what I'm lookin for! And who's the Fkr that came up with the idea of inserting what you typed into every friggin ____________ resulting in a few thousand results that have absolutely nothing to do with what you're searching for.

This is fun... type in obscenities....it yields results which contain things like for instance....you type "our heads up our @ss" you get at least one result from an advertiser which contains "We have our heads up our @ss":hihi:

also good

There are those that say "Find_______ at Blah blah"

which yield the result of "find our heads up our @ss at blah blah"

and of course those that say "buy __________-at blah blah" which are chock full of opportunities for fun....It's kinda like madlibs only more fun.

I know this is supposed to be things which cost a lot of money but...(insert excuse here) Mostly though being financially challenged and of moderatly simple tastes....all things are expensive (excluding those that are truley free) and alot of things are useless.

There was the artist who just put an old urinal in an art gallery.

I just wonder if both artists (cloaca and this) are just taking the piss (literally?)

The Iraq war, I didn't think of that. It is estimated by some to have cost three trillion and be the second most expensive war in history for the USA.

Too, because of excellent medivac/MASH units and resources there are fewer casualties but lots of major injuries-50,000 of them all who will have to be paid some support pension?

if you take the cost of WW2 A bomb development out of WW2 it won't be long before Iraq is the most expensive, useless war in history. Though I guess with WW2 being arguably "useful" Iraq is the most useless war. But this is the water cooler no place for political arguments ?

Now that is ART! Creativity is what makes us human and the type of extreme creativity portrayed in this sculpture is human to the nth degree. Creativity cannot be bought at any price but almost anything can be over priced.

Thanks, Moontanman, That's about the best complement I could get. it only took 2 years and about 40 diamond bits.:)