Science Forums

The Mayan Prophecies

arijit

I loved this material until you mentioned Eric Van Daniken. I don't hold with much

credibility with him. I have also studied Mayan civilization and their calendar. This

talk of ancient astronauts doesn't hold much weight with me.

However, your discussion of the Mayans and their calendar I have interest in. I also

am interested in the Olmecs even though what little we know of them.

The neat thing about 54 years is that is exact amount of time of the Saros cycle of

the moon which is amount of time of the ascending node of moon's orbit around the

Earth to process around 360 degrees. Mayans calendar is and was better at predicting

the brightest/highest point for both Venus and Mars (though Venus was more

important). ;)

Maddog

arijit,

Thanks for sharing this information. However, cutting and pasting large amounts of information from websites in not what we like people to do in this forum. If you get an idea from another site, and you wish to discuss it, that's perfectly fine. We want to hear YOUR ideas, not the cut/paste of someone else's ideas.

This post was taken, in its entirety, from another web site.

http://www.adriangilbert.co.uk/docus/books/mayan.html

If you continue to do this in the future, we will have no choice but to ask you not to post. Thank you for understanding.

By the way, out of curiosity, how do YOU feel about the content of your post? Is it true? Plausible? Possible? A bunch of BS?

Introduction

Mexico is a strange country that contains many secret...

Edit: Copyrighted text deleted by Tormod

In actuality Mayan is not mexican at all, but central american. Yes, where chiapas is located used to be controlled by Guatemala, as well as Belize, until Belize broke away and Mexico took that part of the country over. However, Mayan prophecies is mysterious as it is amazing. I have visited some of the Mayan ruins, and it literally take your breath away. Anyhow, I believe, according to the Mayan prophecies that the calendar ending in 2012 will in fact be the cleansing for all and the entry of the spirit world as they say..

i agree somewhat with alxfamlaw on that.

I think the cleansing will begin a couple years prior to 2012 and that after 2012, the new world will be born. But...thats also creeping into religous and prophet properties...we dont need to add that to this scientific brew.

Im not entirely sure about the whole "human DNA" mutating all of a sudden in or around 2012 as apposed to it not mutating or show of mutation prior to this. As far as i know, there hasnt been many scientist who will believe in such a thing.

The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to

resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT.

i find indian histroy far richer and more influencial than central america..

yes they were interesting and perhaps had some impact on human evolution but their barbaric and violent lifestyles is just too objectionable.

other more ancient civilizations had similar understanding of a truer nature of the solar system than europeans did before they did. what other advances did they bring to the rich tapestry of humanity anyway?

bah so they understood galaxies.. not impressed..could they see it?

furthermore

they uinderstood powered flight.. much more impressive for the epoch. but science is still disputing their actual ability to fly. their art points to flying machines of equivelant technology to today but where are the remnants? if they could fly they would have had free reign of their world.. which they didn't.. possibly could they simply have had visions of the future like casey and nostradamus and countless other such peeps in recorded histroy?

wouldn't it be cool if we found mayan styled ruins on mars? (by mayans i mean central american as a whole)

The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree. This is an event that has been coming to

resonance very slowly over thousands and thousands of years. It will come to resolution at exactly 11:11 am GMT.

As a myth, interesting enough. As a fact, completely misguided. The Winter Solstice Sun's crossing with the "Galactic Equator" has no bearing whatsoever on anything at all. ;)

all and all, they have always been a step up over us in the fact that they found a way (intentionally or otherwise) to hide most of their knowledge and technology so that we couldnt use it. How? Thats a question ive been asking myself when i look at any civilization. They always find a way to cover it all up...but why?

yeah, you would think that if a civilization has extroardinary technology, it would want to be remembered for that in the centuries to come.

i'm going to put myself in the civilization as a wholes shoes:

this is the end. we have progressed as far as we can.

this life was ours. it was all ours. it should remain that way.

as we leave this world, and go into the after-life (i do not believe in an after-life, but they did) we keep this technology inside of our heads, to push on for all eternity.

why bother leaving it on earth up for grabs, when we can take pride in our hard work, and keep progressing.

just a theory.

In post #7 I introduce Maurice Cotterell's work with a link. If you didn't look at it, please do. As Orb pointed out, the Mayans beleived in an afterlife. :) As I understand it, Maurice says they left this stuff so that when they came back, they wouldn't have to learn it again.