Science Forums

ZaReason, Inc. Linked to Us :)

Hey guys,

Just figured i'd make everyone aware; the internet is a small place, with its vast planes and endless roads it makes me sometimes wonder when things like this happen. GAHD brought it to my attention that ZaReason actually linked to our forums on their about page: ZaReason, Inc. :: Support

Sometimes when we are poking around the web, we come across posts like this one which sent more traffic our way than any flashy ad could have.

Actually very surprised that they found that post, but its very, very cool in all sorts of ways :rolleyes:

Actually am waiting on the Christmas bonus, so i can get their UltraLapSR its gonna be the last missing link in my geekdom ;) ; that is a laptop that has never been touched by the hand of a proprietary software company... Making it a fun box with lots of neat toys for software vulnerability research... hey, if i can come up with something good, i may be speaking at the next HOPE :shade: .

Actually if the ZaReason folks are reading this, i got a question to ask. Can you guys post what chipsets the 802.11 and 802.15 devices are on those laptops?

Also to the forum users, i am hereby starting a naming contest. My general rule has been that i use Egyptian God names for my boxes. Anubis and Amun-Ra are taken, what would be a good name to use for the box, and why? I have quite a few names in mind, but i decided to make it more of a recreational community activity, because, well, it would be fun i think. Remember that it's a pen-testing box :hihi: Also if use the name for the reason (and i guess it could be any ancient world gods from dead civilizations, needs to be catchy and with a meaning) i am promising a custom-designed Hypo t-shirt :( (it won't look lame, T has seen some of the thing's i've done, he wont let me lie)

Enjoy, and post :)

thought about it.... but it needs to be more on the dark side :)

i actually have a long list of names i have come up with... but that would leave you guys with little to choose from and research :)

if you wan i can post a list i have come up with so far.

By the way, i would almost rather use Thor, sounds more scary and he holds a lightning hammer in his hands lol... germanic paganism works too, as i said no longer widely practiced religions are fine... but i have not made up my mind until i actually name the box, but definitealy a good start and i hope these further ideas will give you a better sense of the direction i want to take in naming the machine i don't even have yet lol :)

I would favor Thor...or Tor as it's written in Norwegian...guess what my name derives from...

Naaaw, really? i would have never guessed that by just looking at your name tormod or ThOR MODerator ;) just being sorcastic

Free, thanks, i mean i had no problems finding out why, i just didn't want other people to miss the reasons :)

P.S. how do you like the new avatar? :)