Science Forums

Thermal heating in CPU

yes, it is likely the cable... make sure you dont have any bent pins, and if you can replace the cable, do that, if not, make sure none of the pins are broken off, and that they are in the plug solid. also if you have a pci or agp or pci express card, pop it out and plug it back in...

• 1 month later...

Another Problem

My mouse is not working . Even the Device Manager doesn't show any pointing device, forget about any mouse category. The cursur is in the middle of my screen without any movement. It is working properly in other computers. Of no avail, I tried adding New Hardware. Please help me. I suspect it to be a BIOS problem.

P.S- I am unable to phrase the underlined sentences. Can anyone help me in writing it properly?

Another Problem

My mouse is not working . Even the Device Manager doesn't show any pointing device, forget about any mouse category. The cursur is in the middle of my screen without any movement. It is working properly in other computers. Of no avail, I tried adding New Hardware. Please help me. I suspect it to be a BIOS problem.

P.S- I am unable to phrase the underlined sentences. Can anyone help me in writing it properly?

Sure, I'll help edit your writing, but writing is so subjective. Some of my edits should be regarded as stylistic in nature.

The Device Manager is not showing any pointing device, nor anything else in the mouse category. The cursor is frozen in the middle of my screen. It is working properly on other computers. I tried adding New Hardware, to no avail. Please help me. I suspect it to be a BIOS problem.

What type of mouse do you have? Is it PS2 or USB?

what does flashing BIOS means and how to do it?

Flashing bios is when you replace your BIOS with (typically) a newer version. It's like a software update, but for your BIOS. There's various ways to do it, but I highly recommend you follow the instructions on the manufacturer's website. Incorrectly flashing the BIOS can have very bad results (unable to use computer).

lol Freez, unstable computer is still a working one... Mohit, if you incorrectly flash your BIOS, or flash it with a wrong BIOS, you can make your computer not work all together! Follow your computer or motherboard manufacturer's instructions on how to upgrade it. Make sure you use the correct BIOS, and also make sure the power does not cut out in the middle of the flashing process :shrug:

BIOS is an operating system that provides an IO interface between the hardware, at the lowest level, and the software, generally the kernel of an OS. Though not all systems use a BIOS, for example some use EFI or UEFI, and also OpenBoot. But your general x86 or 64 system will use the Basic Input Output System, it's sort of a standard now...