Science Forums

Thermal heating in CPU

I'd bet the computer will stop working completely at some point, keep important data backups (as should be standard practice). Again, look into new innards and keeping those innards nice&cool.

Best of luck my distant friend, I'm in the same boat as you. Hopefully I an get a new machine soon enough

I'd bet the computer will stop working completely at some point, keep important data backups (as should be standard practice). Again, look into new innards and keeping those innards nice&cool.

Best of luck my distant friend, I'm in the same boat as you. Hopefully I an get a new machine soon enough

I have kept important files in another drive in the same harddisk. Would it be safe ?

Moreover, were you busy when I was trying to chat with you some days ago?

Thank you.:lightning

My computer has been working right now as I have replaced its SMPS.

Now this question is in general. I have computer for 4 years and having problems with it every six months. This is not the case of only my computer but also of my friends. Again and again , there is some problem with it Why is it so? Can't it work right for atleast 3-4 years?

Moreover, were you busy when I was trying to chat with you some days ago?

Sorry, I didn't know you were trying to chat with me; did you add me to a messenger of some kind, or was it in hypo chat?

Thank you.:thumbs_up

My computer has been working right now as I have replaced its SMPS.

Now this question is in general. I have computer for 4 years and having problems with it every six months. This is not the case of only my computer but also of my friends. Again and again , there is some problem with it Why is it so? Can't it work right for atleast 3-4 years?

Bitrot

Software Rot

hope that helped.

• 2 months later...

Hello guys!

Now the problem has come with my monitor. It is not showing proper colours. First, I thought the problem was with red colour. But,all the colours are not being correctly shown. I am just unable to tell what exactly is the problem . The best I can tell you is that it is a lot dimmer now. It is spoiling my visual pleasure.

One more thing, would there be any effect on eyes while using this monitor ?

CPU Cooling is a personal passion of mine, from the cheapest of cheap solutions to the sultan of sub-artic temps(-150c). While I'm not saying that we all need a liquid nitrogen cooled system(it's pretty bas a$$) exchanging some of your Fans for a CPU Water cooler systems will eliviate the heating issue 99% of the time. Again, doesn't need to a Koolance Aluminum water return system, it could be something as simple as 120mm CPU Water cooler which you can buy for approx $50.00 USD

cold fusion is not nerely cold enough to cool your system. While it operates at room temperature, it would not produce enough "cold" air flow to cool your system, and second of all, aside from the fact that you apparently feel like lugging a nuke around with you, you will likely need a car, or at least a hand truck to actually carry the reactor, even in it's smallest case...

you shall think about the betavoltaic batteries instead... and some sort of a cool cooling system.... i'll think of something.

Did you check if the cord is wired-into the back of the monitor? if not make shure it's connected securely. try other cables?

did you cut, crimp, pull, strain, melt or otherwise damage the cord? sounds a lot like interfearance between channels or a loose connection.

try another monitor, or give this one a slap or two upside to see if it momentairilly fixes the problem; a momentary fix mean you have a loose connection somewhere for SHURE.

and the important question:

CATHODE RAY TUBE

-or-

LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY?

important to know to go beyond "fiddle with the wires" and "hit it!" for fix/diagnostic purposes.