Science Forums

What do you listen to?

Fishteacher73

___I have been listening to cuts from Pink Floyd Relics. I used to have the full 33 record, but I bought these from my roomate Ace from online. Bike, Careful with That Axe Eugene, See Emily Play, Arnold Lane, Remember a Day, Paint Box & Julia Dream. Hear them again for the first time. Relics was actually my first Floyd record; when Dark Side of the Moon came out, it was sold out by the time I got to the store so I bought Relics. :Alien:

fishteacher, godspeed is amazing. i've been listening to them a lot since you posted that. i think my favorite is either the dead flag blues, or east hastings. i love everything i've heard from them though.

right now i'm listening to this song called one more robot - sympathy 3000-21 by the flaming lips. a lot of philosophy behind their album yoshimi battles the pink robot. it's good stuff.

• 1 month later...

G'day folks,

reading this thread I just had to tune into BBC3 and pickup on the latest in world, jazz, electronica et al, on their program "Late Junction" Love examples of all musical traditions that I know of except classical chinese-Japanese, throat singing of Tuvula and rap. Traditions I'm a great fan of;

Any of the great styles of Mali

Slavic singing

Rumanian gypsies

Flamenco

Blues

Almost anything from India [fascinating stuff happening in the UK re cross fertilization]

rock, jazz, western classical, africa in general

Heroes;

Keith Jarrett, his Koln concert of 1975 still leaves me gobsmacked 30 years later.

Jimi, all others are knockouts but his stuff like his gig at woodstock etc just come before, all else follows of those genres.

Beethoven,

Dylan,

Marley

Instruments;

Percussion in its entirety, with the voice it's where it all started, the bedrock

Piano, Keith you are my master

Guitar, kora, oude, etc., sing, soar or just gently take me on your musical journey

The human voice,

The woodwinds and their cousins

oh who cares it's all wonderful and right now a superb horn section is playing a piece from some film score that I missed the name of and they're simply playing ohh, ohh so sweet! cheers gub