Science Forums

The search function/engine on Hypography is still crap

This is its latest priceless peccadillo

The search term you specified (be) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

So it can't count now either?

For a bunch of scientific, techno-computer-junkies how can you can get anything so basic, so wrong?

It is incrediblely annoying and frustrating

Yeah. I noticed that too. It's frustrating beyond all get-out.

I'm pretty sure that the search function used to just skip words which were less than three letters, but now we get the error. I'm not sure how easy it is to do in a forum environment, but we could definitely benefit from improved search.

Now, one cannot search less than three letter words, one cannot search quotes within a post, one gets a thousand results which have nothing to do with the words searched upon...

Tormod and the gang knows. Try to be patient Mike. Time for some herbal tea, mate... or a good round on the exercise bike (you're probably exercising less with the cold weather, and full of angst!) :phones:

;)

:phones:

I got this message when I put in "Pics of hypography members" as the search parameters

The search term you specified (of) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.

If this term contains a wildcard' date=' please make this term more specific.[/Quote']

It is aggravating. ;)

I got this message when I put in "Pics of hypography members" as the search parameters

Strange - that works fine for me.

But yes, the built in search engine in vBulletin is crap (no need for Michaelangelica to blame us for it - it's a part of this forum system).

We have however found an alternative solution but as with everything else it will take TIME to implement because we're all doing this in our free time.

*pretends to be a dumb blonde* lets install google on the server :turtle:

no, no for real though...

first of all, even its not the answer to this particular question this is something that you may want to look at T: vBulletin-Search Engine Optimize vBulletin-top hack

i duno, other then using google to search Hypo... i dunno if there are more options available that will provide adequate results...