Science Forums

Time before Time

pgrmdave

I am by no means an expert at anything, with that in mind I will present my idea about how the Big Bang happened. .... If we go back to a point just before the Big Bang

There are many possibilities proposed by theoretical physicists who spend their lives trying to figure out why there was a Big Bank and what was it, exactly. Don't mean to discourage your speculating since that's a good way to learn, but I suggest when you come up with an idea, do some research and find out if there is any evidence at all to support it. For one thing, as far as anyone has been able to determine (aside from m-theory), there is no such thing as before the Big Bang and it is possible for something to come from nothing since that's what appears to have happened.

Let me restate it this way. IF WE GO BACK TO ZERO TIME

Little Bang,

For a Big Bang to be the origin, the whole univers runs back to a singularity. A single

point. Physical get violated when dividing by 0. Thus Zero Time can only be approximated. :)

Maddog

i suppose zero time would just be the same as infinate time ?

The universe would have finished before it begun and already be beginning and finishing again an infinate number of time in the singularity .. but there must always be potential of some kind for a big bang ... maybe all the energy needed for the big bang is taken from the end of the universe because time knows no bounderys ... it could take the energy needed from the universe to start again because its already started and finished an infinate number of times so lending some wouldnt make a difference

;)

I agree with this whole heartedly....Hmmm maybe before everything there was pure potential...potential for everything and anything...

Hey frostbitte; there are those that even suggest that the cause of the Big Bang was just a vacuum fluctuation, as in virtual particle formation, as in quantum uncertainty, and because it might be responsible, that our universe may also blink out of existence by the same cause. Pure speculation, but still a theoretical possibility. Strange place we live in, this universe of ours.

Hey frostbitte; there are those that even suggest that the cause of the Big Bang was just a vacuum fluctuation, as in virtual particle formation, as in quantum uncertainty, and because it might be responsible, that our universe may also blink out of existence by the same cause. Pure speculation, but still a theoretical possibility. Strange place we live in, this universe of ours.
Hold on there. The universe the universe cannot blink out of existance.

Hold on there. The universe the universe cannot blink out of existance.

I didn't say it was my theory Linda. But it seems just as possible as the universe blinking into existence. Again I must say that it's not my theory, and sounds just as fantastic to me as it sounds to you. I don' t remember where I read this, so I can't give you any referance material at present, but I will try to find this material so we can both tear it apart togeather.

• 4 weeks later...
Hmmm, well I suppose if you can imagine it, then in some way it is possible.

Yeah, human understanding of the cosmos has a tendency to imagine things and then oops they become physical. I've just never seen it happen.

Considering that the big bang happened about 9 billion years before our planet was formed, and some 12-13 billion years before multicellular life turned up here, I think we can pretty much rule human imagination out of the equation. :o