Science Forums

What happen to the mater who go through black hole

Just like they used to say that one can't go back to the past, but now we're doing it every day.

Does this sentence serve a purpose at all? I'll have to downgrade some of the parts in my brain in order to respond to that. Lets see - they said that the world was flat.. hmm let say 4211 years ago or so. They still said it 4210 years ago, but what do you know - we don't today.

Ok seriously not to be rude, but common... what the hell was that? :)

Thats totally irrelevant. If you have an infinity to figure it out, then you have an infinity of chances, which means that it will happen sooner or later.

This is probably your most interesting argument so far. Unfortunately, we still don't know the fate of the universe, so calling it infinite might be premature.

Unless someone tries and fails, or some hazardous event occurs in the black hole (like it collapsing or something).

Someone trying, would be someone failing.

Imagine it this way. You 'park' your spacecraft a safe distance away from the event horizon as your buddy shoots into the event horizon firing a beacon at a timed interval that you guys set your clocks to. From his perspective, you are fading away with a redshift and as he tries to move towards you, he notices something strange. You have disappeared from his view. He would also disappear from you as his beacon would blink further and further apart in time which would not match your clock (eg. 1 second, 4 seconds, 16 seconds, etc.). To add to your buddy's frustrations, he would find himself heading towards the center no matter which direction he attempted to travel! He would set his coordinates for outside the event horizon and as he would travel (even if at c), he would notice that he is headed in the direction of the center. He would turn around and fly that direction only to find the same effect.

The reason this would be is because his future would be tied to the center once he crossed the event horizon. Everything he could see (sight made possible by light of course) would be heading the same inevitable direction.

There isn't, not with our current understanding of physics. But you know they also said that man cant fly...

It is our current understanding of physics which created the idea of black holes.

Man can still not fly (not physically anyway). The vehicles we make, fly.

We just tag along for the ride.

pluto wrote:

"Matter breaks down to subatomic particals forming part of a neucleon compacted matter"

it is could be!!-->but might not!

try to give free open mind.

because my english is pretty bad-i am more read then i am writting!

cohen avshalom charly

isreal/haifa

Icarus 5, Unlimited energy being produced at the outter edge of expanding space

I'll have to downgrade some of the parts in my brain in order to respond to that.
Or perhaps you'll have to understand the most fundamental reason why it's called event horizon.

but common... what the hell was that? :eek2:
If you have difficulty in figuring out the nexus from the Schwarzschild metric you could have just asked more nicely.

I am sorry but it seems you have completely missed the point. I was responding to the sentence. "Just like they used to say that one can't go back to the past, but now we're doing it every day."

And that sentence has nothing to do with the term "event horizon" nor the Schwarzschild metric. So I really don't understand what you where trying to tell me with that last post.

If you have difficulty in figuring out the nexus from the Schwarzschild metric you could have just asked more nicely.
:eek2: Please, sir, what is this “nexus” of which you speak? :lol: And does understanding it involve having to take any sort red pill/blue pill? :lol:

Seriously, I’ve been assuming your reference to a “nexus” involving black holes was to something resembling the common science fiction idea of a “interstellar subway system” involving black holes and/or wormholes (eg: the 1985 novel/1997 movie “Contact”). Are you speaking nonfictionally?

I think he is just trying "win" me by outsmarting me with random knowledge.

This would be a similar situation: "Man A beats man B at a 500 m sprint. Therefore man A is better than man B, but man B wants to get even and walks up to man A and asks him random questions about the string theory. Man A gets silent and as a result man B is satisfied and walks away smiling and thinking that now he is better.

Classical.

Speaking as an admin:

I know Qfwfq since it is a while he is on these forum and therefore I know he is for sure not trying to outsmart anyone. So, Agen stop this thing, as you said you would like to in post 28. If you feel unhappy about something you can either sort it out via pm with Qfwfq or send a pm to another mod/admin.

All this seems to come from a misunderstanding which can therefore easily be sorted out without angry posts.

Let us stick to the topic which is by far more interesing!

Please, sir, what is this “nexus” of which you speak?
Sorry sir, it's a well enough known interpretation of the Schwarzschild metric and Freeztar was also alluding to it, I was only being cryptic to avoid Agen the necessity to "downgrade some of the parts in his brain in order to respond to it". :airplane:

And does understanding it involve having to take any sort red pill/blue pill?
Nothing to do with the Matrix, nothing to do with wormholes, nothing to do with baby universes or anything else so wierd.

Are you speaking nonfictionally?
Certainly, as long as black holes exist and one can actually go past the event horizon, as was being discussed.