Science Forums

Word quiz...

kmc

I'm impressed and so humbled by all who post on this site.

I'm trying to find a word, and having no luck through the internet...can't find a "reverse dictionary" that helps.

By definition, the word I'm looking for means "past, present, future...all at the same time".

Can anyone help?

Very best regards...kmc

You're correct on both accounts...'eternity' technically covers it - AND- (but) I was looking for something different...a word that has not evolved much from its Latin origin. I hate not being able to think of it...(!)

All is not lost, however, because I gained two things from your reply...

I can settle on the word 'eternity' in the interim (to save insanity!) - AND - I found out that I know how to post! :-)

Thank you, sincerely, for your response...kmc

kmc,

This may not be exactly what you are looking for -- however, in the book Dune by Frank

Herbert, the main character once he tried the spice discover that experienced that effect of

"past + present + future" all at the same time. Herbert kept using the word "precience" to

decribe that (check my spelling, I keep forget those silly rules "i before e except after c", etc...)

Hope this helps. :)

Maddog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...