Science Forums

Thera Molted :)

C1ay

I also have an Usumbara (Pterinochilus sp.), Mexican Red Leg (Brachypelma emilia), Brazilian White Knee (Acanthoscurria geniculata) and a Stout Leg (Eucratoscelus pachypus). Over the years I have had quite a number of species. I thought about breeding but many of the tarantulas at the local pet store sit there for months so I don't see a need to produce more since there's plenty now that can't find a home....

nice! ever looked into uropogyds? sp??? they are some fun animals.

what sort of scorps you keep in the past? they are pretty cool, but i never had that many. their sting in the past always got me so i tended to steer clear. i remember looking forever to find some pandinus colei (SP?) but only one dealer who ran off had them.

got more pics? perhaps of her cage too? i love environment shots, even if captive.

Mostly bark scorpions and a few emperors, pandinus imperator. You really shouldn't handle any of them though since they get nothing out of it except some stress. They're like fish, watch them but don't play with them.

I don't have any more pics at the moment but I'll try to get some. I generally try to interact with them as little as possible so I don't bother to disturb them with photo sessions...

• 2 weeks later...
I generally try to interact with [scorpions] as little as possible so I don't bother to disturb them with photo sessions...

That seems weird to me. I assume they are kept in a small environment for life. Is that stressful for them? Is flash photography the catalyst for panic disorder in scorps?

Consumer minds want to know! :beer:

I don't suppose the flash bothers. The habitat I keep for them is not real conducive to photograhy either with lots of little hiding places, they prefer little hidey holes to the open. I try not to take them out of their habitat because that is stressful to them, and my tarantulas too.

• 1 year later...