Science Forums

So Anal !

Queso

Yet another infraction. Yay!

This time for: Drug related discussion.

Okay. I know your rules. I've been in and out of this house for a LONG time.

Listen to me.

You can not just shoo away "drugs"

The thread was on hallucinations FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Ugh!

Obviously the best way to hallucinate is to induce an entheogenic substance, DUHHH.

Psychedelics are keys to god. Keys to clarity. Keys to self.

Psychedelics are misunderstood.

Your rule on no drug discussion is ridiculous. (Even though I understand where you are coming from)

These things need to be discussed because of how misunderstood they are.

I'm sure a lot of you out there are taking prescription medicine you got from your doctor that is so much worse for your bodies than the natural, microscopic psychedelic.

It's just so silly that you, and things like the government try to outlaw such IMPORTANT things.

I could ramble about psychedelics all day long. AND I DONT.

I choose the right time to give my shamanistic input.

There are places on this Earth where people still live in harmony with their environment, with their selves, with their god,

where no idiots in suits and money try to tell them what they can and cant eat.

I have a dream. And it's freedom.

I am not polluting your forum.

I am giving you a window to a world that most of you are too afraid to look through. Which is really sad. I know I'm not the only one here who has seen. Please don't get me wrong. I'm just a little frustrated with my ENTIRE EXISTENCE.

I am so disgusted. Not with you guys, but just with everything.

I know. I know. I need to just keep to myself, right?

I am so ******* passionate, though!

I want you all to remember the magic!

That's all.

When I talk about entheogens, I talk about them in a respectful manner. I talk about them appropriately. I know this is a science forum. The science inside entheogens is menacing!

You were all suggesting some guy to starve himself so that he can see god.

That is just silly. There are much better ways to get in touch with god.

WE LIVE IN THE YEAR 2007. JESUS CHRIST!

I will not stink up your forum. I have much respect for it's conductor, Tormod.

I will provide truth, and mystery.

I will be a poet and I will stay within your lines.

No need to reply. I understand. I understand. This is just my opinion, released.

The thread was on hallucinations FOR CHRISTS SAKE. Ugh!

The thread was meant to take a scientific approach to hallucinations, specifically caused by sleep deprivation, NOT drugs.

Obviously the best way to hallucinate is to induce an entheogenic substance, DUHHH.

Translation: "Obviously the best way to hallucinate is to ingest an illegal substance, DUHHH."

Psychedelics are keys to god. Keys to clarity. Keys to self.

Psychedelics are keys to Sing-Sing.

Psychedelics are misunderstood.

Yeah. I guess all of those organic chemists who make professions out of studying drugs are wrong. Oh, and I forgot, the FDA too.

Your rule on no drug discussion is ridiculous. (Even though I understand where you are coming from)

These things need to be discussed because of how misunderstood they are.

Fortunately, freedom of speech still applies in the US. You can make your own forum, dedicated entirely to drugs if you so desire.

It's just so silly that you, and things like the government try to outlaw such IMPORTANT things.

If you consider jumping out of an apartment building because you think you can fly as "important"...

I will not stink up your forum. I have much respect for it's conductor, Tormod.

Thank you for understanding. And people here have much respect for you when you follow the rules.

No need to reply. I understand. I understand. This is just my opinion, released.

I respect your opinion. I was just responding because some of these issues needed to be addressed- as opposed to just glanced over.

Thank you very much Orby.

Oh, and for the kiddies: 2000 Federal Sentencing Guideline Manual

I won't even start on the local implications.

You can not just shoo away "drugs"
I strongly agree.

Because so many legislators, policy makers and enforcers have attempted to “shoo” – I think a stronger term is needed – drugs away, often based on irrational and scientifically unsupported ideas, science sites like ours have a responsibility to discuss them in an unimpeachably scientific way. Impressionable readers should be convinced by the discussion here that unreasoned and overly general arguments both against and for drug use should not be trusted, but rather that self-education in the best traditions and practice of science and reason, including the deep questions of what means to be human.

After a lot of time and effort spent in discussion and personal soul-searching, the staff at hypography agreed on a policy under which the discussion of psychotropic substances – legal and illegal, naturally occurring or synthetic – is allowed, but only in a careful, scientific manner, in which objectively verifiable evidence is cite and discussed. Unlike humanities and philosophy discussions, in which the “support your claims” rule is often relaxed, we can’t permit it to be relaxed in discussions of this very controversial and divisive subject.

We are all, staff, members, and readers, depending on each of us to follow this important and difficult rule. If, in the judgment of our moderators, any of us fail, we’ll receive warnings and infractions, which may lead up to the temporary or permanent loss of the privilege of sharing posts in our forums. It’s my hope and belief that reasonable, thoughtful people will heed an occasional infraction, and continue to be valuable, contributing member of our internet community.