Science Forums

Parking The Receptor With Turmeric.

Which paper, would you view all of them as crank?

The one that is your second link is from a non-peer reviewed source, the one from the NCBI is a good paper though. Basically the paper from the first link has not been tested yet for whether those substances actually work on coronavirus or not yet and should be viewed as a hypothesis. It was only tested in a molecular computer simulation like my Multi-valent Retroviral Vectors however to actually physically test them could provide different results as that is not always perfectly accurate to "Real Universe".

Edited by VictorMedvil

We can do research by using super computer, simulation etc when drug is un-proven new molecule & be dangerous to human. Turmeric is not dangerous to human.

So, we can test this method on batch of patient directly & see the result.

Do not stop the other treatment on patient.

You will definitely see the early good change in the patient.  

Use it as supplementary treatment method & if you find it helpful then use super computer, simulation etc to find the reason.

We can do research by using super computer, simulation etc when drug is un-proven new molecule & be dangerous to human. Turmeric is not dangerous to human.

So, we can test this method on batch of patient directly & see the result.

Do not stop the other treatment on patient.

You will definitely see the early good change in the patient.  

Use it as supplementary treatment method & if you find it helpful then use super computer, simulation etc to find the reason.

Well, the key to test Turmeric physically is to test to see if it actually does anything to prevent coronavirus not necessarily whether it is harmful or not. I am still skeptical that a curry spice can do anything for coronavirus, which is why clinical trials must happen just as any drug for must go through FDA approval, meaning it has to be physically tested in a lab environment against alternatives. However, if in trials the curcumin in Turmeric seems to have a general positive effect on coronavirus patients I am sure it would be used as a drug to treat it, but until it goes into trials it is still speculation that it actually works. In the past certain plants and substances have been proven to be effective against certain aliments so it is not uncommon for drugs to start off as a random chemical in a non-purified substance like Turmeric however these all must be tested before it becomes the cure for any disease, I would imagine since Curcumin is 2000% more effective with black pepper extracted chemicals such as piperine that it will be a combination of both of these when it actually becomes a drug if it works, though I highly doubt in its natural form that just using Turmeric is very effective as a drug. I think what would have to happen in the event that it does work is you would need to use Purified Curcumin with Purified Piperine from black pepper to make an actual drug from it. Saying all of that, I still think it is crank to try and cure coronavirus with natural Turmeric due to the low concentrations of Curcumin in Turmeric.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Well, the key to tested Turmeric physically is to test to see if it actually does anything to prevent coronavirus not necessarily whether it is harmful or not. I am still skeptical that a curry spice can do anything for coronavirus, which is why clinical trials must happen just as any drug for must go through FDA approval, meaning it has to be physically tested in a lab environment against alternatives.

Yes, and not tested on somebody's child without medical supervision.

You are true not to test but when it is harmful.

This turmeric is commonly use in India from centuries as medicine & daily in Kitchen. 

Child, adult, patient, non-patient, daily eat this in meal without any side effect from centuries.

My whole family use this treatment from many years & not find any side effect.

I have also taken it & find it helpful when suffering from cold.

In this treatment, quantity of turmeric consume is not more than 2 tablespoon in a day which is very less.

It is not necessary to stop your other treatment also.

I recommend this can be taken as precautionary method until you find it helpful. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today also, I have taken turmeric from food in dal & in fried vegetable & sit in front of laptop without any side effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it is not tested on covid-19 but first use as precautionary method until you find it helpful.

Edited by maheshkhati

You are true not to test but when it is harmful.

This turmeric is commonly use in India from centuries as medicine & daily in Kitchen. 

Child, adult, patient, non-patient, daily eat this in meal without any side effect from centuries.

My whole family use this treatment from many years & not find any side effect.

I have also taken it & find it helpful when suffering from cold.

In this treatment, quantity of turmeric consume is not more than 2 tablespoon in a day which is very less.

It is not necessary to stop your other treatment also.

I recommend this can be taken as precautionary method until you find it helpful. 

Today also, I have taken turmeric from food in dal & in fried vegetable & sit in front of laptop without any side effect.

Yes, it is not tested on covid-19 but first use as precautionary method until you find it helpful.

Did you not read my post apparently not, this has changed my mind maheshkhati, you are just a crank despite that there maybe medicinal properties to turmeric's chemicals, you do not seem to understand that in its natural form it probably does nothing as it only contains 3% curcumin in turmeric. It would be like saying that mold is good for you to eat and will cure you from bacterial infection even though naturally the concentrations of the antibiotic in mold is very low and would probably do nothing.

exhibition-penicillium-lg.jpg

Edited by VictorMedvil

I disagree with you because I have seen the result. Many times method to use medicine is more important than quantity we use.

For example, daily we use of turmeric in kitchen without any direct medical benefit from it ..because it first get engage with vegetable, dal, oil etc 

I think targeted continuous medical use gives us early healing & very important property of turmeric which I want to use it. It spread on inner surface of throat in very thin layer that will not give the space for virus to spread or may become membrane that can not be penetrate by the most of the virus or make it in-active or block the receptors in throat before virus get multiplied or this may not give a room to virus to spread.

There are to two method for approaches.

1) make a model, see the theory, ask the question & then consider to use.

& 2) use directly & see the result by taking reasonable risk. I take the risk, use it & find helpful.

Thanks. 

Edited by maheshkhati

You can visit Rajasthan for nice forts & beautiful palaces, Himachal for feel Himalaya, Kashmir is very good but have militancy problem.  India is like mini world with rich, poor, all religion living together with snow to desert to sea landscape.  Goa & Kerala are the ultimate tourist places.

Edited by maheshkhati

I only say that I use this treatment & find it is very helpful for cold & cough problem.

Use it with combination of other your normal medical treatment & you will find that you are recovered very fast.

Please, convey me if you will find it helpful.

(Sorry Flummoxed, I will be happy to use Black papper but it can not be converted in very fine powder which is require here & very bad taste.

This is time to stop. 

I may be wrong or I use wrong method to treat but it was my requirement to do so.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

This shows a fundamental misunderstanding about how immunology works, to create antibodies to a virus there must be antigens from the virus present, chemical drugs will not do that. Only a vaccine,other biologic, or infection by the virus would generate antibodies to a virus, this shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. For instance, if you had the DNA to synthesize the proteins on the coat of the virus, you could create antibodies from those antigens once introduced to the immune system, however chemical drugs do not create antibodies... PURE CRACKPOTTERY!

P.S. There are many other things wrong with what maheshkhati said however that is enough to deem this a crackpot thread, anyone that so much as watched the videos in the immunology lectures thread(http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/36373-immunology-lectures/) would laugh at how stupid this is.

Hey you do know we have a natural immune system don't you Victor? The human race survived over hundreds of thousands of years before this cracpottery called big pharma. That makes money off of you being sick. You should look into how the Rockefellers got there hands on medical systems.

The American Medical Association (AMA) began in 1847, but it was a small, weak organization until John D. Rockefeller and Andrew Carnegie took on a “philanthropic mission” to help the AMA, marking the point when allopathic (Western) medicine took a huge turn.  Since there were many types of doctors and healing methods, Rockefeller wanted to eliminate these competitors, thus ensuring that drugs would be the main course of treatment.   Capitalists like Rockefeller and Carnegie and others “embraced scientific medicine as an ideological weapon in their struggle to formulate a new culture appropriate to and supportive of industrial capitalism.”  (Rockefeller Medicine Men; Richard E Brown, 1979).

Rockefeller and Carnegie hired Abraham Flexner, an American educator, to write a report, published and given to Congress in 1910, that concluded there were too many doctors and medical schools in the US and that all natural healing modalities which had existed for hundreds of years were unscientific quackery.  Flexner’s report called for standardization of medical education, whereby only allopathic AMA medicine institutions would be granted medical school licenses.  Congress acted on the conclusions and made them law.

Carnegie and Rockefeller used their tax-exempt foundations to offer huge grants to medical schools on the proviso that only an allopathic curriculum be taught.  Curricula in these schools was dismantled to remove herbs and plants, and the importance of diet. On the positive side, Flexner’s influence did heighten the importance of laboratory-based research and education.

https://www.biostarus.com/blogs/formulators-corner/down-the-rabbit-hole-the-rise-of-western-medicine-in-the-us

Further on from the link:

The Rockefellers and their pharmaceutical empire
With the AMA and allopathic medical schools firmly in place, the abolition of other medicinal therapies, and the enforcement of regulated licensing of doctors, the Rockefeller empire continued to expand.  Sterling Drug Inc., the largest holding company in the Rockefeller drug empire and its 68 subsidiaries were maintained under an umbrella with the Rockefeller-owned bank Chase Manhattan (now known as JP Morgan Chase Bank) and called the Drug Trust.

We cannot forget that the pharmaceutical empire of the Rockefellers includes vaccines, sedatives, analgesics, antibiotics, heart drugs, and hypnotics.

Under the directive of the Rockefeller Foundation, funds to medical colleges in 1948 alone swelled to $32 million, which in today’s money would amount to $323 million.  This ensured that the medical schools would teach and indoctrinate the names and uses of thousands of drugs.

In the 1930’s John D. Rockefeller, Jr. campaigned for the prohibition of hemp and cannabis through generous political and Baptist church donations.  Hemp could produce ethanol, which competed with petroleum, and cannabis was a competitor with opium and with the Rockefeller-owned member of an opium cartel: Bayer, creators of heroin.

https://www.biostarus.com/blogs/formulators-corner/down-the-rabbit-hole-the-rise-of-western-medicine-in-the-us