Science Forums

Parking The Receptor With Turmeric.

My child was young. He was very sensitive for cold. Even small change in weather causes cough & throat infection. Even antibiotic gives very temporary relief to him. I think about this problem & do some different thing different.

I give medicine & side by side, I mix 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric in bowl of water.

I give 1 tablespoon of that very dilute turmeric water to my child after every 1/2 an hour for a complete day. So that his throat will be yellow from inside always.

I find that this give him relief early.

Sometime even medicine is not require for mild infection.

& today his immunity for cough is improved.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I consider that in this treatment. I keep the receptor in the throat engage with turmeric (Which is a medicinal powder present in Kitchen) & for virus receptor in throat is not available.  So, to multiply the virus, additional space in the throat is not available. This turmeric has very different medicinal smell. That may go directly to lunge & again engage receptors there. So, our body get more time to create antibodies for virus.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think in covid-19 treatment. Above treatment is given side by side then patient will get relief very early. This is simple, harmless, economical, scientific & very supportive. Today, I give some Ayervidic syrup & this turmeric water & many time I do not require any other medicine. 

Here, we are parking the turmeric in the receptor of throat before virus will get park on it. This is simple but effective side by side treatment.

I want your comment please. 

Edited by maheshkhati

My child was young. He was very sensitive for cold. Even small change in weather causes cough & throat infection. Even antibiotic gives very temporary relief to him. I think about this problem & do some different thing different.

I give medicine & side by side, I mix 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric in bowl of water.

I give 1 tablespoon of that very dilute turmeric water to my child after every 1/2 an hour for a complete day. So that his throat will be yellow from inside always.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I consider that in this treatment. I keep the receptor in the throat engage with turmeric (Which is a medicinal powder present in Kitchen) & for virus receptor in throat is not available.  So, to multiply the virus, additional space in the throat is not available. This turmeric has very different medicinal smell. That may go directly to lunge & again engage receptors there. So, our body get more time to create antibodies for virus.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think in covid-19 treatment. Above treatment is given side by side then patient will get relief very early. This is simple, harmless, economical, scientific & very supportive. Today, I give some Ayervidic syrup & this turmeric water & many time I do not require any other medicine. 

Here, we are parking the turmeric in the receptor of throat before virus will get park on it. This is simple but effective side by side treatment.

What is the Quackery and crack-pottery? You cranks and your fake coronavirus cures.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Turmeric is very well known in the study of ancient medicine. I see how that could work with the covid19. Don't listen to the naysayers they have no clue and think science and big pharma have all the answers. We all need to go to the ancient practices of healing and get away from big pharma.

I can see how Tumeric might make Covid-19 worse.

Tumeric + Black Pepper(Curcumin + Pipirine) is a well known anti-inflammatory treatement. My understanding is that it could also reduce a temperature, and the body fights the virus by elevating the temperature. Anecdotal evidence I posted above suggests anti-inflammatory medicines do not assist, and may in fact impede or prevent a persons recovery.

A healthy child should just laugh the virus off without medication. Its only the weak that may need help. A sore throat wont kill a child, its best not to make it worse by giving a medicine that might reduce the childs ability to laugh the virus off.

I agree with that, plus it seems to me using a child as the subject in an experiment where “his throat will be yellow from inside always” sounds like child abuse and a dangerous idea that should not be encouraged.

Turmeric is very well known in the study of ancient medicine. I see how that could work with the covid19. Don't listen to the naysayers they have no clue and think science and big pharma have all the answers. We all need to go to the ancient practices of healing and get away from big pharma.

https://www.healthshots.com/preventive-care/self-care/use-curcumin-to-fight-against-novel-coronavirus/

Does turmeric have the power to fight against the deadly novel coronavirus? Let’s find out

Can we fight coronavirus with good old turmeric?

Curcumin a polyphenol found in the turmeric (commonly curry spice) can be a promising answer to the threat. Curcumin has shown excellent antiviral properties against various viral diseases. Inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase (IMPDH) enzyme due to rate-limiting activity in the de novo synthesis of guanine nucleotides is suggested as a therapeutic target for antiviral and anticancer compounds.

Among the 15 different polyphenols, curcumin through inhibitory activity against IMPDH effect in either noncompetitive or competitive manner is suggested as a potent antiviral compound via this process.

Studies are also promising when it comes to curcumin

Curcumin has also been seen to act against coronavirus in some studies. With all the antiviral properties curcumin shows antihistaminic, anti-inflammatory, and bronchodilator effects thereby relieving the respiratory troubles caused by a coronavirus. It also strengthens the immune system to fight against the infection. Curcumin if consumed as prophylaxis might help avert potential infection coronavirus.

Edited by Thoth101

I agree with that, plus it seems to me using a child as the subject in an experiment where “his throat will be yellow from inside always” sounds like child abuse and a dangerous idea that should not be encouraged.

Then I must ask why is it not considered child abuse to give vaccines against a child's will when they all have side effects that can happen? Also shouldn't the child be able to make up there own mind before something is put in their blood stream if according to you it would be child abuse to give a child a simple organic product spice orally. Should we also not put salt and pepper on there food? Afterall they could die from choking on the pepper. What about giving a child cough medicine? That should be considered child abuse also according to you. Their mouth will get all red from the red dye 40 which is a known carcinogen. Better not give them that red candy either which also has high fructose corn syrup which can lead to obesity and many other problems. I hope you don't give them cereal with all that sugar in it. We might have to call CPS.

Edited by Thoth101

Then I must ask why is it not considered child abuse to give vaccines against a child's will when they all have side effects that can happen? Also shouldn't the child be able to make up there own mind before something is put in their blood stream if according to you it would be child abuse to give a child a simple organic product spice orally. Should we also not put salt and pepper on there food? Afterall they could die from choking on the pepper. What about giving a child cough medicine? That should be considered child abuse also according to you. Their mouth will get all red from the red dye 40 which is a known carcinogen. Better not give them that red candy either which also has high fructose corn syrup which can lead to obesity and many other problems. I hope you don't give them cereal with all that sugar in it. We might have to call CPS.

I count  no less than 7 strawman arguments in one post, a new record!

Anyway, I was replying to Flummoxed, so get over yourself.

Here, I used very simple science. If in parking all space is engage then we can not park the additional vehicle.  Similarly, in throat & lounge all receptor are engaged by Turmeric (all time) then virus multiplication become impossible. So, our body will get more time to create antibodies for less viruses. 

I consider that in this treatment. I keep the receptor in the throat engage with turmeric (Which is a medicinal powder present in Kitchen) & for virus additional receptor in throat is not available.  So, to multiply the viruses, additional space in the throat is not available. This turmeric has very different medicinal smell. That may go directly to lunge & again engage receptors there. So, our body get more time to create antibodies for virus. 

today, all my family uses same treatment in early days of cold & get very good result.

​If some supportive Ayurveda syrup is used then this will give much more promising result.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said that do not stop other general medicine treatment for covid-19 but use this as supportive treatment. I am very sure we will get very good result.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember very important point, I use very dilute turmeric water, so that in complete day, throat will remain yellow only. 

Edited by maheshkhati

I used honey but that gives temporary relief from cough. Turmeric powder is generally used in India with milk to get relief from soar throat. 

but this do not decreases throat infection drastically.  

But 2 tablespoon or 1 tablespoon of very very dilute turmeric water after every 1/2 hour or 1 hour (as per infection) for a day decreases infection drastically. 

This very very dilute turmeric water do not have any bad taste. This only insure that throat of patient will remain yellow for day only.

Now in cold & cough,  My whole family uses this treatment with some Ayurveda syrup like Honeytus from Dabur (Ayurveda medicine company) & that gives very good result.

My visit to doctor for this reason decreases drastically.

If you do not want raw turmeric water. You can boil it. So, it become infection free. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any doctor is treating covid-19, he can use one batch of patient with general medical anti-viral drugs & 2nd batch with general medical anti-viral drugs + very dilute Turmeric water consume slowly for a day(until infection decreases).

(do not consume it in large quantity)

I am very sure 2nd batch of patient will recover very fast & serious infection can be avoided .  Even death due to Covid-19 can be decrease.

We treat the patient to create immunity & create anti-bodies. This treatment will help in both way.  

Do not stop the on going treatment but use it side by side.

I am sure this will help for our battle with covid-19 .

I used honey but that gives temporary relief from cough. Turmeric powder is generally used in India with milk to get relief from soar throat. 

but this do not decreases throat infection drastically.  

But 2 tablespoon or 1 tablespoon of very very dilute turmeric water after every 1/2 hour or 1 hour (as per infection) for a day decreases infection drastically. 

This very very dilute turmeric water do not have any bad taste. This only insure that throat of patient will remain yellow for day only.

Now in cold & cough,  My whole family uses this treatment with some Ayurveda syrup like Honeytus from Dabur (Ayurveda medicine company) & that gives very good result.

My visit to doctor for this reason decreases drastically.

If you do not want raw turmeric water. You can boil it. So, it become infection free. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If any doctor is treating covid-19, he can use one batch of patient with general medical anti-viral drugs & 2nd batch with general medical anti-viral drugs + very dilute Turmeric water consume slowly for a day(until infection decreases).

(do not consume it in large quantity)

I am very sure 2nd batch of patient will recover very fast & serious infection can be avoided .  Even death due to Covid-19 can be decrease.

We treat the patient to create immunity & create anti-bodies. This treatment will help in both way.  

Do not stop the on going treatment but use it side by side.

I am sure this will help for our battle with covid-19 .

This shows a fundamental misunderstanding about how immunology works, to create antibodies to a virus there must be antigens from the virus present, chemical drugs will not do that. Only a vaccine,other biologic, or infection by the virus would generate antibodies to a virus, this shows that you have no idea what you are talking about. For instance, if you had the DNA to synthesize the proteins on the coat of the virus, you could create antibodies from those antigens once introduced to the immune system, however chemical drugs do not create antibodies... PURE CRACKPOTTERY!

P.S. There are many other things wrong with what maheshkhati said however that is enough to deem this a crackpot thread, anyone that so much as watched the videos in the immunology lectures thread(http://www.scienceforums.com/topic/36373-immunology-lectures/) would laugh at how stupid this is.

Edited by VictorMedvil

In any post, I have not said that Turmeric will create the antibodies. 

You are true. Infection by the virus would generate antibodies to a virus & we are just slowing down the infection, So that Patient will get a time to create antibodies.

In Ayurveda, you help the patient to fight.

We are only decreases the space for the viruses to get multiply.

This is something like if you park Turmeric on receptor then rirus will not get space to park or multiply.

Just take this dilute turmeric water & see your throat & toungue in mirror.

You will see your whole throat & toungue is yellow, means all receptors are angage by Turmeric (has Anti-bactorial, antivirus property)  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My whole family is using this treatement & find very helpfull. 

My child immunity increses many times.

Covid-19 is simple virus but no medical remedy is available. This treatement will definately help the Patient.

Remember, Patient will fight to rirus. You can only help him to fight.

Edited by maheshkhati

In any post, I have not said that Turmeric will create the antibodies. 

You are true. Infection by the virus would generate antibodies to a virus & we are just slowing down the infection, So that Patient will get a time to create antibodies.

In Ayurveda, you help the patient to fight.

We are only decreases the space for the viruses to get multiply.

This is something like if you park Turmeric on receptor then rirus will not get space to park or multiply.

You will see your whole throat & toungue is yellow, means all receptors are angage by Turmeric (has Anti-bactorial, antivirus property)  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My whole family is using this treatement & find very helpfull. 

My child immunity increses many times.

Covid-19 is simple virus but no medical remedy is available. This treatement will definately help the Patient.

Remember, Patient will fight to rirus. You can only help him to fight.

Actually Turmeric is a anti-inflammatory substance it will actually make the immune system less likely to attack the virus and turmeric does not have any Anti-viral properties it works upon certain receptors that control cellular metabolism and cellular communication along with being a antioxidant however this does not mean it has any anti-viral properties, this is a article about turmeric and its active chemicals(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/). Also black pepper seems to increase the effectiveness of Turmeric by 2000% however it will still not effect viruses, it is a good antioxidant however it is not so good for fighting viruses as it actually makes the immune system not attack the virus as a anti-inflammatory. Now if you were talking about a anti-aging or anti-cancer treatment as a antioxidant it actually does do that as this will actually prevent genetic damage.

Edited by VictorMedvil

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will see your whole throat & tongue is yellow, means you are dyeing inside.

Edited by OceanBreeze

Could Tumeric as an antimicrobial, slow down an infection, giving the body chance to build up anti bodies against covid-19 for example????. 

From the link I posted above, tumeric has been shown to be effective against many different types of bacteria. and "Plants as a rich source of phytochemicals with different biological activities including antiviral activities are in interest of scientists [5960]. It has been demonstrated that curcumin as a plant derivative has a wide range of antiviral activity against different viruses"

Is it worth further discussion.?

No because it has never been found to inhibit coronavirus making the premise of this thread crank.

Edited by VictorMedvil

Soddit now I may have confused the crap out of myself.

Since SARS-cov and Covid-19 are closely related, I thought I might look there !!!! 

"ACE2 is an established functional receptor by which SARS-CoV enters host target cells" https://www.nature.com/articles/s41440-020-0455-8

ie its bad to increase ACE2 in your body, which is what Curcumin can do apparently !!!!!!!!!?

and 

" Catechin and Curcumin which have dual binding affinity i.e both the molecule binds to viral S-protein and as well as ACE2. Catechin binds with S-protein and ACE2 with binding energy of -10.5 Kcal/mol and -8.9 Kcal/mol, respectively. Catechin binds with a greater affinty than that of curcumin which has a binding energy of -7.9Kcal/mol and - 7.8Kcal/mol for S-protein and ACE2, respectively. While curcumin gets bound directly to receptor binding domain (RBD) of viral S-protein, catechin binds to near proximity of RBD sequence of S-protein. Molecular simulation study demonstrates that curcumin directly binds with RBD site of S-protein during 40-100ns. In contrast, catechin binds with S-protein near the RBD site and causes fluctuation in the amino acids present in the RBD and it’s near proximity. In conclusion, this computational study for the first time predicts the possibility of above two polyphenols, for therapeutic/preventive intervention." https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-22057/v1

ie increasing ACE2 is good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

The above two studies would appear to contradict each other. 

And to make it worse "Diterpenoids, sesquiterpenoids, triterpenoids, lignoids and curcumin were shown to inhibit SARS-CoV in the range of 3–10 µM" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136164/

Is curcumin bad or good for corona virus???? 

That paper isn't peer reviewed, it's a crank paper.

I am not virologist. I tell one story when I have found this treatment method.

In 2014, my child immunity was so low  that he  suffer from pneumonia. After he recover from that I was shocked & try to find some thing new.

One day, I was coming from my office. I see in square some private nimi-buses try to chock the space near to the bus stop so that government bus  will have to stop very away from the that spot. 

When I see that activity, I find one method to stop virus engaging with the receptor because virus is non-living until that engage with receptor of our body. I find all character in turmeric to block the virus. It can be in very fine particle powder form, have very good medical smell (that can go directly to respiratory system)  & medically it is used against cold & cough from many years. First, I mix it in milk in diluted from & give it to my child for whole day in very small dose when he suffer from cold & that give me very good result (with supplementary some Ayurveda syrup like Honeytus when infection is more). 

Now, I find even you mixed turmeric with water then also we get good result.

I have not tell this treatment to anybody & keep it in private & use it in my family only.

Now, when I see there is no medicine for covid-19 then I think this may give very good relief to covid-19 patient also. 

If I am virus then I will not remain in that place where there are turmeric all around me & even turmeric water will get pour on me continuously.

Edited by maheshkhati