Science Forums

It's Not Nice.....

hazelm

.....to fool with Mother Nature.

I have been talking with Mother Nature.  Mother Nature says "The planet has been overly de-forested.  We must get the forests back."  Why?  "To enrich the soil.  To absorb water and decrease flooding.  To provide wood for man to build and produce.  To create oxygen for humans to breathe."

How?  Create more carbon dioxide and the forests will grow, absorbing carbon dioxide and creating more oxygen for humans.  This will enable humans to survive and produce.

And who will create more carbon dioxide?  "I will!  I will!", said the human.  I want to continue breathing."

Two sides to every story.  :xmas_tree:

P S   Yes, I changed the last line.  I like this better. 

Edited by hazelm

.....to fool with Mother Nature.

I have been talking with Mother Nature.  Mother Nature says "The planet has been overly de-forested.  We must get the forests back."  Why?  "To enrich the soil.  To absorb water and decrease flooding.  To provide wood for man to build and produce.  To create oxygen for humans to breathe."

How?  Create more carbon dioxide and the forests will grow, absorbing carbon dioxide and creating more oxygen for humans.  This will enable humans to survive and produce.

And who will create more carbon dioxide?  "I will!  I will!", said the human.  I want to continue breathing."

Two sides to every story.  :xmas_tree:

P S   Yes, I changed the last line.  I like this better. 

How is it going Hazel? Everything OK? 

Whimsy is a sign of youth. It's when you start yelling at kids to get off of your lawn that you need to worry.

Warning people not to fool (themselves about) Mother Nature is merely wisdom properly absorbed.

For millennia philosophers and saints have tried to reason out a logical scheme for the universe... until Hilda came along and demonstrated that the universe is not logical but whimsical, its structure depending solely on the dreams and nightmares of non-logical dreamers, :phones:

Buffy

Whimsy is a sign of youth. It's when you start yelling at kids to get off of your lawn that you need to worry.

Warning people not to fool (themselves about) Mother Nature is merely wisdom properly absorbed.

For millennia philosophers and saints have tried to reason out a logical scheme for the universe... until Hilda came along and demonstrated that the universe is not logical but whimsical, its structure depending solely on the dreams and nightmares of non-logical dreamers, :phones:

Buffy

Ah, Buffy!!!!  Don't destroy my dreams.  I was sure I  had the world tightly knuckled down under my thumb.  :irked: