Science Forums

How Long Until We Could Make A Real Sword Art Online (sao) Nerve Gear Type Device

jacob2mitts

Im excited to see this kind of reaction and if you truly want proof i can upload anrough sketch if my idea, and im not claiming that i am doing it im saying that im working on my idea. And id really like to join your groups guys. Also, please 17robots and JimSolo i messaged both of you so please read your personal inbox every once in a while. Thanks.

Hey @KrisBi. I am 17robots. I am forming a team to work on the project. I like everyones idea of working together. And right now, I feel like im gonna need all of the help I can get and eould love to have you on board. What are you going to university for?

And @JimSolo, I really am excited to be working on this project and, once you get your company going and I get.mine, maybe we could work together. Or, because we are technically in competition with each other for people to work with us, you could work with us from the start. And I understand if you dont necessarily want to be a part of the company with all of that stuff, we could work some legal agreement. I would be thrilled if you would like to help us though.

Im excited to see this kind of reaction and if you truly want proof i can upload anrough sketch if my idea, and im not claiming that i am doing it im saying that im working on my idea. And id really like to join your groups guys. Also, please 17robots and JimSolo i messaged both of you so please read your personal inbox every once in a while. Thanks.

PS: If you see some awkward posts from me that propably means that my internet had problems and/or my phone buged or smth.

I really support your movement and have several tabs opened on my computer at the moment looking up information on neural science, diamond processor chips, other VR systems and their internals, as well as other blogs and sites on nervegear and VR devices in anime of the same sort.  The fifteen pages of posts I have read on this website include many ups and downs, however I have no doubt in my mind that nervegear can be created, and I look forward to contributing in my college years as well.  The fact that you guys are taking action and making our dream a reality shows just how much we want this to happen.  The amount of intelligence and hard work being thrown into this blog has startled me, but also made me excited to see that my favorite anime tech is also a big deal to others on the web.  Till next time, keep up the amazing work.  I know I will.  Btw, in case anyone wants to know, I'm 14 and going into my sophomore year.  Nervegear dreams travel far and wide I guess. ;)

I would like to emphasise, to all the people in this thread, that if you have or claim to have made a fully functional nervegear, or is close to making one or having blueprints, that you should back it up with evidence and facts. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble believing some people in their claims, knowing the difficulty and complexity behind the workings of creating such a device.

To quote of what happened with heisenscience:

(Made by the reliable craigD)

Heisenscience,

Your posts were moved to the strange claims forum because you did not backed up the claims your made in them with links or reference, as required by the site rules you agreed to follow when you joined the forums.

You’ve claimed to have made a breakthrough in neuroscience beyond anything in the scientific literature. You’ve claimed to have written a revolutionary procedural MORPG engine. You’ve claimed to have engaged in animal testing. You’ve claimed to be a member of a team of researchers. You’ve claimed that one of those researchers has just died in an accident.

Can you offer any reason for anyone to believe any of your claims, other than a desire to believe them?

This. Is why I havn't gone bonkers. I could if I wanted but.. think of it this way.

There's no point saying to someone "I'm going to bake a cake" and then saying "Here, I'm done" when all you've done is put flour in the bowl. Hell, even when it's in the oven, it may still fail. Wait until you can serve it, then make your claim.

I do have a sneaking suspicion some people here are just trolling. Not naming names, but I get the feeling they're playing Mister Marvelous on the minds of us that are actually interesting in this stuff. Makes me sad really.

I would like to emphasise, to all the people in this thread, that if you have or claim to have made a fully functional nervegear, or is close to making one or having blueprints, that you should back it up with evidence and facts. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble believing some people in their claims, knowing the difficulty and complexity behind the workings of creating such a device

Aye, I agree here. I've been lurking and honestly there isn't enough science here.

Everyone, I'm not trying to be a downer but this is a project that hasn't even been done by top neuroscientists or engineers.

There would be need to be HUNDREDS of combined years of focused research. I love the idea of full dive, and I'm a huge fan of gaming and VR as it is right now but even small projects are not doable over the internet with much efficiency.

My suggestion to all is to subscribe to academic papers to research, because what you are looking for is at the absolute bleeding edge, and no matter how hard you look on Google there won't be enough information. Go to university for biomedical engineering or neuroscience, or take chem and bio in high school.

I'm not saying it can't be done, im just saying a 16 page thread isn't the way to organize anything.

i am working hard and I am doing a lot of research and I am reading a lot of books. I am doing the best that I can as well as I can to try to make this work. I also am trying to have an open mind and stuff for other ideas and theories, but I am not giving up on the idea.

I think that maybe given enough time that we might be able to update current technology to make something amazing like this. But I also think that judging by current day technology it would take ages to make it look realistic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqNNJBjMxZAnYwHSYIgBDv6i12HzedH5j&v=Ts1zYMugSMQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqNNJBjMxZAnYwHSYIgBDv6i12HzedH5j&params=OAFIAVgP&v=5U24Y_IbEgU&mode=NORMAL

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLqNNJBjMxZAnYwHSYIgBDv6i12HzedH5j&params=OAFIAVgQ&v=ijOVtA4Z8eM&mode=NORMAL

P.S I am 13... So I hope to be around when this is achieved.

Well again, our knowledge is growing at a rapid rate. Not to mention the fact that we may even have geniouses who see things differently and can come up with a solution that could make it work. You never know. I am trying to figure it out with a couple of people.

i am currentley reading the alicilization arc in sword art online. i just want to point out something they said in the books and it is that our sense of gravity (by the books) in the vr world is very much different then in the real world. I think we should make it one of the priorities of making a vr machine.

This is software related, rather than hardware related. It has nothing to do with the design of the headset itself. Once its built, games can be programmed in whatever way the programmers want.

CraigD, perhaps another topic about the software end of full-dive games would be helpful for cleaning up this thread.