Science Forums

How Long Until We Could Make A Real Sword Art Online (sao) Nerve Gear Type Device

jacob2mitts

Skype would not work, for anything other than software analysis.

Nothing is being ruled out as of yet.

actually it is, bc we can send a little group of people  (the leaders of the project) to speak while we send them ideas and they will discuss about it and give their results from the discussion here. 

i am currentley reading the alicilization arc in sword art online. i just want to point out something they said in the books and it is that our sense of gravity (by the books) in the vr world is very much different then in the real world. I think we should make it one of the priorities of making a vr machine.

This is software related, rather than hardware related. It has nothing to do with the design of the headset itself. Once its built, games can be programmed in whatever way the programmers want.

CraigD, perhaps another topic about the software end of full-dive games would be helpful for cleaning up this thread.

When I split up the original “how long until we could...” topic into the Fulldive technology subforum, in Feb 2015, I made Non-Interface Virtual Reality Program Design for the software side of the subject. There’s been no new posts in it, though, nor have any been moved to it from other forums.

Because zivtheawesome’s post was focused on the subject of gravity, not VR programming in general, I split it into its own topic, Sense Of Gravity In The Vr World Vs. In The Real World.

Please, everbody, visit these and other threads in this subforum, and feel free to create new topics in it via the “Create new topic” button. Readability and value is much improved when we avoid, subject-drifting discussions in a single long topic, and it’s better for people to do this initially than for moderators like me to try to clean up afterwards by moving posts.

Lool i feel like you guys are only talking in the air with no chance to backup what you are saying. The only one that can backup his ideas is the one that is 14 years old because he is too young for this but anyone else that can really work on this project and give help better use your energy on the projetc and not creating meaningless discussions about weather skype will work or not.

We have more than a milion of applications that will help us communicate like TeamSpeak TeamViewer DirectConnect OurServers and others...

So please try to go for the solutions and not creating meaningless discussions and wasting your and our time.