• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#222 Deepwater6

Deepwater6

Explaining

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Yes, that and any others they haven't found yet. Fairly amazing we can see these far away objects at all in my opinion. They're dark objects very far away and usually floating against the backdrop of dark space. I don't think they get too much help in the illumination department from our sun due to the distance.

#223 LaurieAG

LaurieAG

Explaining

• Members
  • 1444 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:24 AM

Yes, that and any others they haven't found yet. Fairly amazing we can see these far away objects at all in my opinion. They're dark objects very far away and usually floating against the backdrop of dark space. I don't think they get too much help in the illumination department from our sun due to the distance.

Yes Deepwater6, we really need to look at things from a different perspective. 

At the moment we are having difficulty trying to detect moving things with a background of a massive numbers of stars that don't move but our observation points either orbit around the earth or are at a fixed point on the surface while our planet rotates around our sun and our sun rotates around our galactic centre.

I have always said that we should make observations from a point relatively stationary with regards to these 3 different spins and then we will really be able to see what is actually moving as opposed to what we see now.  Unfortunately observations without spin are anathema in the modern world, until some politicians get hit by a space rock that is. ;)

#224 Deepwater6

Deepwater6

Explaining

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 07:09 PM

https://www.space.co...ugust-2018.html

Some Australians were lucky to see and catch this one on video.

Hello LaurieAG, Its been awhile and I hope you're well. I know you reside in Aussie-land, but I'm not sure which part.. Any chance this was near you, and did you happen to be outside at the right time to catch it?

#225 LaurieAG

LaurieAG

Explaining

• Members
  • 1444 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

https://www.space.co...ugust-2018.html

Some Australians were lucky to see and catch this one on video.

Hello LaurieAG, Its been awhile and I hope you're well. I know you reside in Aussie-land, but I'm not sure which part.. Any chance this was near you, and did you happen to be outside at the right time to catch it?

Hi Deepwater6, unfortunately I'm on the opposite side of the country from WA so I missed it. 

But that doesn't mean that we don't get them coming overhead around where I live. The following is a link from Youtube video of one in April this year that went from east to west. BTW the black dots in the second video are Flying foxes (or Fruit bats) not birds.

Edited by LaurieAG, 30 August 2018 - 08:21 PM.