IrishEyes

Reminiscing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:05 PM

Playstation Portable -

Who's getting one, and why???

Just curious. My hubby actually has an employee that is taking a day of leave when his comes in, and I laughed at that. But I'm guessing there are many others that feel the same, and I bet a few of those people are right here. So fess up - tell the truth... Who will be waiting in line, and who is getting it shipped directly to your house? And WHY would you buy another one if you already have a PS2???

#2 Fishteacher73

Fishteacher73

Coincidence of Molecules

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1646 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:15 PM

I like my X-box....blows away the ps2 IMO. why you would want to spend $$ on just a smaller outdated system???? :friday:

#3 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:54 PM

Playing PS2 games on the local train to work? Sounds quite all right to me. :friday:

#4 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:56 PM

BTW I think they are delayed here in Europe. So I'm stuck with my Xbox for now.

#5 Dark Mind

Dark Mind

Resident White Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

I have no idea why someone would be that obsessed with video games. My friend wants to get one as well but I'm trying to talk him out of wasting 250$ for a smaller DVD and video game player, with a smaller screen. I have nothing against Sony or the PlayStation (I own a PlayStation, PlayStation 2, XBOX, Sega Genesis, and a Nintendo 64 :) ).
I actually think PlayStation has better games with a larger variety, but the XBOX has better graphics and quicker loading times and with games like The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Fable exclusively for it. But seriously, the PSP is just yet another way a making money off the PlayStation 2 (remember the newer, slimmer, and sleeker PS2 that was different in two ways, it was smaller and it was top loading.) before the next generation consoles hit the shelves. I think I can hold out on getting a PSP and wait for the PS3 (and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion :)) But some people think they need to keep up with the latest technology and if that's enough reason for you to throw away 250$, then all the more power to you. Have fun :) ?

#6 Queso

Queso

Synesthetic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7281 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:21 PM

i wish i could take a train to work. i don't even have a job, or a train station around here. there's just something about a train...the people on them are so interesting.

#7 Dark Mind

Dark Mind

Resident White Hat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2404 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:26 PM

Very true, and nice avatar by the way.

#8 Queso

Queso

Synesthetic

• Members