1. 1. Do you consider yourself a nerd?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote no. I probably SEEM nerdy to some people, but I think that's because most people don't take an interest in most of the things I do. I have very eclectic tastes, I think; what I love ranges from Japanese rock and classic literature to biology and medicine. *laughs*

Well, at least most of the people that I hang out with a lot take little or no interest in science-related things, so in their eyes, I probably would be a nerd; then again, it certainly depends on how far you want to take the definition of the word. :3

The pocket protector has been used by the scientifically-challenged as the defining characteristic of the nerd, but it's an accessory I wear proudly. I take it to a higher level, since I have three separate pocket protectors: one for metallurgical purposes, one for electronics, and one for the chemical lab. Sometimes my tasks overlap, so I have one in my shirt pocket and one in my lab-coat pocket.

I find these implements indispensable during my daily activities, but I still catch some good-natured flak over it. Those in my worksphere never seem to mind when I instantly produce a spring-loaded center punch, a flexible 6" steel rule, or a continuity tester for electrical circuits without running to fetch one of these essential gadgets, however.

Nerd test:

http://www.wxplotter.com/ft_nq.php

I just did it, and I got some very suprising results... so I'm not sure if the test is accurate at all.

My nerd score is 84%...which is a High-Level Nerd!!!!

they even got me this picture: http://www.wxplotter.com/images/ft/nq.php?val=5753

I got an 89%, High Level Nerd. I don't think it's a good test though, it seemed more geeky than nerdy. IMO, the fact that I use Firefox for instance has nothing what-so-ever with being a nerd. I also don't think building my own PC with 512+MB of RAM to run Linux on has much to do with being nerdy but that's just my opinion...

I'm blaming it all on nemo...!

I mean, really! There is just no way that I am a nerd OR a geek. How silly to even suggest such a thing! You'll see in May - I'm about the farthest thing from either you can imagine.

Oh yeah, got a wonderful box in the mail today. WOW, tell Yvonne thanks for that awesome bag.Gret already tried to steal it. I'm listening to the cd now. And I'll get your $$ to you asap. Also, got an e-mail from Y. Tell her thanks for the pics. I'm still struck by the one of Em with those Big Blue eyes! Gave me goose-bumps... So, what's it like to be surrounded by beautiful girls, Tormod? Do you own any guns yet? Your girls will be dating age soon, ya know...