Science Forums

"Has anyone seen or heard anything about nasa discovering that a day is missing?"

goku

Moderation note: these post originally appeared in the thread 10414. They were moved to the Strange Claims forum because the subject is a documented hoax, and off the topic of the original thread.

didn't want to start a new thread for this, so i'll put it here, i thank it'll fit.

has anyone seen or heard anything about nasa discovering that a day is missing?

something about they were doing orbit calculations for a satellite, ran the calculations back in time and discovered that a day was missing :confused:

didn't want to start a new thread for this, so i'll put it here, i thank it'll fit.

has anyone seen or heard anything about nasa discovering that a day is missing?

something about they were doing orbit calculations for a satellite, ran the calculations back in time and discovered that a day was missing :confused:

Nope, urban legend started by christain fundamentalists to try and use lies to shore up their so called fact based Bible, sad really, to have to use lies to back up a religous text.

Goku is looking for evidence that the "sun held still" as written in Joshua. NASA isn't going to verify that, but if we were to ask them they probably would verify that the sun "holding still" is a misunderstanding of orbital dynamics. Particularly that the earth rotates rather than the sun orbiting about the earth.

~modest

Goku is looking for evidence that the "sun held still" as written in Joshua. NASA isn't going to verify that, but if we were to ask them they probably would verify that the sun "holding still" is a misunderstanding of orbital dynamics. Particularly that the earth rotates rather than the sun orbiting about the earth.

~modest

I knew dat, goku was tring to be slick but I am a step ahead of him. I was raised in the middle of all that telling lies for the greater glory of god ****.

did you or did you not hear about it yes or no!?

i got the felling that MM has heard about it, and modest as well.

personally i don't think it's possible to calculate and like modest said if you asked nasa they would just lie.

did you or did you not hear about it yes or no!?

i got the felling that MM has heard about it, and modest as well.

personally i don't think it's possible to calculate and like modest said if you asked nasa they would just lie.

You got a feeling? How can I say this any more directly, Yes I've heard of it, it is a lie started by Christian fundamentalists to try and show how the bible is factual. A lie goku, a lie started by Christian fundamentalists to try and persuade people that the bible is factual instead of just a story. a lie goku told by so called good Christians to mislead people. Oh yeah goky, Modest did not say Nasa would probably lie about it.

I knew dat, goku was tring to be slick but I am a step ahead of him. I was raised in the middle of all that telling lies for the greater glory of god ****.

not really, i got an e-mail, just wanted to know if anyone else maybe seen the same thing.

I knew dat, goku was tring to be slick but I am a step ahead of him.

Indeed you were, and a step ahead of me as well. I didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

Goku, this is a well know urban legend. As I stated the other day, can you please google these claims before posting them. It's off topic for this thread in any case so we can just drop it.

MTM, kids read this site.

~modest

EDIT:

snopes.com: The Lost Day

Indeed you were, and a step ahead of me as well. I didn't see your post until after I posted mine.

Goku, this is a well know urban legend. As I stated the other day, can you please google these claims before posting them. It's off topic for this thread in any case so we can just drop it.

MTM, kids read this site.

~modest

EDIT:

snopes.com: The Lost Day

I apologize Modest, I've seen much worse language used here in the last few weeks many times but that doesn't make it right. I lost my temper, I am sorry.

Bull **** goku, be a man and own your ideas. I was told that **** in bible school when I was 8 years old, that was 45 years ago.

why would i lie to you? :confused:

i got the e-mail yesterday i think, i thought about it and decided that it doesn't matter. either it's not possible to calculate or it happened but nasa would never own up to it.

i got the e-mail yesterday i think, i thought about it and decided that it doen't matter. either it's not possible to calculate or it happened but nasa would never own up to it.

Yes goku, I would say it is far more likely that you would lie than a large group of dedicated professionals like NASA would lie about such a trivial thing. NASA has no motivation to lie about this or anything else, a lie would destroy their credibility, you on the other hand have a lot of motivation to lie and to try and smear the reputation of anyone you can to further your religious agenda.

I apologize Modest, I've seen much worse language used here in the last few weeks many times but that doesn't make it right. I lost my temper, I am sorry.

No prob mate. I've seen the same in the last couple weeks and decided next I saw, I'd say something is all. You're fine.

i got the e-mail yesterday i think, i thought about it and decided that it doen't matter. either it's not possible to calculate or it happened but nasa would never own up to it.

Goku, your claim has been refuted and it's off topic. Go to the link in my last post and all your questions will be answered. In case you honestly want to explore the consequences of earth not rotating for a day and how nasa would track such things thousands of years after the fact - then start an appropriate thread.

~modest

From the last paragraph in Snopes' reply to the e-mail. This pretty much somes it up.

Authenticity matters little, though — our willingness to accept legends depends far more upon their expression of concepts we want to believe than upon their plausibility.

Yes goku, I would say it is far more likely that you would lie than a large group of dedicated professionals like NASA would lie about such a trivial thing. NASA has no motivation to lie about this or anything else, a lie would destroy their credibility, you on the other hand have a lot of motivation to lie and to try and smear the reputation of anyone you can to further your religious agenda.

i just couldn't let this go,

dedicated professionals? :confused:

i just couldn't let this go,

dedicated professionals? :bounce:

Yes goku, dedicated professionals, do you have any evidence to the contrary? Any reason to want to besmear the people who work at NASA? Oh wait I forgot, they are the representatives of your arch enemy, reality.