Science Forums

A little iffy about an action

Queso

turned down to 10, i love it.

i've got a marshall mode 4, it's solid state but has 2 preamp tubes for the seperate channels. i found that on accident, and actually replaced the tubes with better ones.

man, moog is great. i just bought a moog ring mod.

have you tried out the filter moog has? i forget the name, but i saw it, it has like 8 sliders on it. it looks interesting, but it's pricey.

one thing i dont understand is...

i spent 250 for that pedal alone, and it's unbelievably NOISY. it totally kills the fat, rich tone of the marshall, and adds a bunch of hissing.

i will not sell it though, i love it too much for one minor flaw to ruin it for me.

turned down to 10, i love it.

You do know that for a while, Marshall put knobs on their heads that were labeled up to "11" for exactly this purpose...

have you tried out the filter moog has? i forget the name, but i saw it, it has like 8 sliders on it. it looks interesting, but it's pricey.

one thing i dont understand is...

i spent 250 for that pedal alone, and it's unbelievably NOISY. it totally kills the fat, rich tone of the marshall, and adds a bunch of hissing.

i will not sell it though, i love it too much for one minor flaw to ruin it for me.

The market is small, and these things are hand built. Someday...

Call and complain about the noise, as you likely have some bad circuits or you could benefit from a preamp (line levels are off, or the output is bad, go back to option 1).

Cheers,

Buffy

Spinal Tap.
Actually "This is Spinal Tap" to differentiate it from the sequel "Spinal Tap: The Final Tour".

"As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll."

"People who liked 'This is Spinal Tap' also liked 'A Mighty Wind'"

Cheers,

Buffy