Science Forums

At Home Experiments

WithoutWax

I'm still in highschool, so I have virtually no access to anything chemical-wise, except things that can be purchased by students under 18. I haven't done much outside of school as far as Chemistry. [My at-home experimenting lately has been in cooking, heh.]

So, who has some good ideas as to where I can start? Let me know. :]

Well, as far as chemicals go, you can check out one of the other threads from the chemistry forum. A lot of them detail experiments people have performed as well as places to buy chemicals.

Here's a rather useful one:

http://hypography.com/forums/chemistry/9226-common-trade-names-chemicals.html

Just remember, experiments aren't always just about buying fun chemicals and mixing them. Always use caution!!!

As for me, I perform experiments at home whenever I have something that I want to prove to myself, or some new theory that I want to test. It's most always fun, and I suggest that you immerse yourself in chemistry in as many ways as possible.

Remember, have fun, and be safe. If you ever have anything you want to discuss, feel free to send me a private message.

I'm a highschooler to but in the uk and well ive found ways around the lack of sources and my home experiments usaly result in either singed eyebrows or a black mess on the floor only the other week i was intrested in taking flambee to the extreme ready for crihst mass pudding i created a mix of liquer and melted butter then lit it and sprayed water on it so fat fire and alcohol fire

so you have the explosiveness of a fat fire with water and the heat of alcohol anded up with singed eye brows and little hairs were left on my arm but it was totaly awsome like this but quicker and three times as powerfull at least

YouTube - Kobe beef sirloin flambeed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PygrJPFRP-8