Science Forums

Alien 'Dyson sphere' megastructures could surround at least 7 stars in our galaxy, new studies suggest

It seems Alien Dyson sphere megastructures could surround at least 7 stars in our galaxy according to a new study, read more at Alien 'Dyson sphere' megastructures could surround at least 7 stars in our galaxy, new studies suggest (msn.com) and Dozens of stars show signs of Dyson spheres built by advanced alien civilisations | New Scientist

Do you think this study is accurate and there is really a super advanced civilization with Dyson spheres around 7 stars in our galaxy?

P.S.  If it is true that there are Dyson spheres around these Stars, meet our new alien Gods as humans can't do anything against a species that advanced ever: End Report.

"In 1962, in his book “Profiles of the Future: An Inquiry into the Limits of the Possible”, science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke formulated his famous Three Laws, of which the third law is the best-known and most widely cited: “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”."

Edited by Vmedvil

Hey Vic!

I have seen some of these same articles myself and I also understand that the likelihood of another intelligent species attaining a higher level of civilization than what we have is fully possible. Having said that, humankind can track MAYBE 8% of the sky and of that, even less of what is REALLY out there and not just globular blurs of "Is it methane? Is it hydrogen?" So when I see evidence of a civilization far superior to ours, I also have to approach that knowledge that time separates species by very small margins. And the time it takes to achieve type 3 or 4 civilization is equally small in the grander scheme of things. Building a civilization, or even a Dyson Sphere around a local star could take less than a billion years which is NOTHING in the bigger theatre of the multiverse.

I look forward to humans finding more of this evidence and seeing just how small of a drop they are in the universe. It's important to know where growth is possible, and we have that tapped......

Now, if we could avoid blowing ourselves up over what amounts to tribal differences before then, we should be set! lol

~ RaSTI

45 minutes ago, Rasti said:

Hey Vic!

I have seen some of these same articles myself and I also understand that the likelihood of another intelligent species attaining a higher level of civilization than what we have is fully possible. Having said that, humankind can track MAYBE 8% of the sky and of that, even less of what is REALLY out there and not just globular blurs of "Is it methane? Is it hydrogen?" So when I see evidence of a civilization far superior to ours, I also have to approach that knowledge that time separates species by very small margins. And the time it takes to achieve type 3 or 4 civilization is equally small in the grander scheme of things. Building a civilization, or even a Dyson Sphere around a local star could take less than a billion years which is NOTHING in the bigger theatre of the multiverse.

I look forward to humans finding more of this evidence and seeing just how small of a drop they are in the universe. It's important to know where growth is possible, and we have that tapped......

Now, if we could avoid blowing ourselves up over what amounts to tribal differences before then, we should be set! lol

~ RaSTI

Insightful, Rastigan I tend to agree, man.