Science Forums

Tests for Estrogen and Testosterone Blockers

SaxonViolence

Friends.

I’m working on a premise for a novel.

The Protagonist suspects that his old maid great aunts may be spiking his food with Estrogen and Testosterone Blockers.

Is there any convenient way that someone could “Litmus Test” each meal, to be sure that it wasn’t spiked?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, SaxonViolence said:

Friends.

I’m working on a premise for a novel.

The Protagonist suspects that his old maid great aunts may be spiking his food with Estrogen and Testosterone Blockers.

Is there any convenient way that someone could “Litmus Test” each meal, to be sure that it wasn’t spiked?

Thanks.

"An estrogen test measures the level of estrogens usually in a sample of your blood, but sometimes in urine (pee). Estrogens are a group of hormones that play a key role in female reproductive health, including puberty, menstruation, pregnancy, and menopause."

"What happens during a testosterone levels test? A blood sample for a testosterone test should be taken in the morning between 7 and 10. During these hours, your testosterone levels are typically the highest. A health care professional will take a blood sample from a vein in your arm, using a small needle."

Usually, you have to take a blood test for estrogen and testosterone levels, I don't know if you could test the meals, but you could certainly test your blood to see if they were high or low.

Edited by Vmedvil