Science Forums

O = C - H - E - M

somebody

The way I did it was to write an outline of the book as you go, to summarize the basic relationships that each chapter offers. If you can reduce a 15 page chapter to 0.5-1page then you only have to study that small amouts for tests. I loaned my outline to a friend and he aced O-chem too. Hi-lighting works, but writing it down makes it stick better in the brain.

The way I did it was to write an outline of the book as you go, to summarize the basic relationships that each chapter offers. If you can reduce a 15 page chapter to 0.5-1page then you only have to study that small amouts for tests. I loaned my outline to a friend and he aced O-chem too. Hi-lighting works, but writing it down makes it stick better in the brain.

aagreed and

i found that if a chapter is too big bake into 20 page units and as you read write questions (on what you are reading).at the end of those 20 pages try to answer the questions. if you get it wrong look it up in the book and try to answer all the questions again. by the third time in will be printed on your mind .

So far, i am basically reading books, going thru example at end of each section and doing additional problem at the end of each section as well.

also doing group study with other 2 friend who are at my level, so its going well right now in terms of material and i will apply the idea of outlining and reading ahead as i get into more difficult topics.