Science Forums

Warren Jeffs

stanleyg

Can Public Minister Warren Jeffs be legally prosecuted in State Court for charges that constitute heresy against Christianity?

Heresy

Heresy, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is a "theological or religious opinion or doctrine maintained in opposition, or held to be contrary, to the Catholic or Orthodox doctrine of the Christian Church.

Polygamy

The term polygamy is used in related ways in social anthropology and sociobiology and sociology. In social anthropology, polygamy is the practice of marriage to more than one spouse simultaneously (as opposed to monogamy where each person has only one spouse at a time).

Religious Persecution

Religious persecution is the persecution of individuals within a group in the struggle to maintain their religious identity.

Salem Witch Trial

The Salem witch trials, which began in 1692, resulted in a number of convictions and executions for witchcraft in both Salem Village and Salem Town Massachusetts. It was the result of factional infighting and Puritan witch hysteria which lead to the death of 20 people and the imprisonment of scores more.

United States Constitution

Article III Section 2

In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Would castration be considered 'cruel and unusual' punishment if he is convicted?

Cruel perhaps... but not really unusual... at least to historical standards.

That would be a pretty effective method against his polygamous ways... but it would do absolutely nothing to stop him from leading his cult.

Furthermore, he is currently being charged with "assisting" in rape, by pairing up young girls with older men. He's not exactly being charged with rape HIMSELF.

The point is, this guy is bad. I don't want to see him ever leave super-max.

Yep, he's a predatory pedophile attempting to use religion to circumvent the law....

Human branding

Branding persons refers to the use of the same physical techniques as in livestock branding on a human, either with consent as a form of body modification; or under coercion, as a punishment or imposing masterly rights over a slave or other legally subservient inferior.

Jas3

[1] My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

[2] For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

[3] Behold, we put bits in the horses' mouths, that they may obey us; and we turn about their whole body.

[4] Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.

[5] Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!

Matt13

[25] But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

[26] But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

[27] So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

[28] He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

[29] But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

[30] Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Amen!

Good idea. We could brand him with the word "TOY" and give him to the local death row population to play with as they please. I'd bet they'll know just how to make hime feel exactly like one of the little girls he's preyed on himself...

Court Jester

A jester or fool is a specific type of clown mostly associated with the Middle Ages.

Scientist

A scientist is an expert in at least one area of science who uses the scientific method to do research.

Cruel perhaps... but not really unusual... at least to historical standards.

That would be a pretty effective method against his polygamous ways... but it would do absolutely nothing to stop him from leading his cult.

Furthermore, he is currently being charged with "assisting" in rape, by pairing up young girls with older men. He's not exactly being charged with rape HIMSELF.

The point is, this guy is bad. I don't want to see him ever leave super-max.

Two can play the pejorative name-calling game of human branding to inflame hatred. This peckerwood-like mentality has permeated our social sciences.

What is your master plan for same-sex marriages or pro-choice advocates? I am sure you find each no less offensive as polygamy or rape.

William Bennet had his master plan to stop crime by aborting all African American fetus to commit genocide of Black families. He has served as the former U.S. Secretary of Education. I can see that your clan of former plantation owners as beneficiaries of his brilliant tutelage.