Science Forums

All about chemistry Equilibrium!!!

quatumrulesoverall

Being aware that the thread "Chemistry 101" is overloading, I decide to open a new thread. This thread is particularly for "Chemical Equilibrium". Urging support from all of you :eek:) ::hyper:

*Mercedes Benzene: you may carry on with your chemical reaction in Chem 101. Cheers :))

*Jay-qu: Could you support me with this thread?

Regarding what Jay said about equilibrium constants, basically they are in 2 terms: Kc and Kp. Kc is calculated based on the concentration of the products yields over the concentration of the reactents, Kp is in the same way but in term of partial pressure(for gas).

So... did you want help with equilibrium, or did you want other people to post questions about equilibrium...:hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Alright!! I am back,

Today, we gonna carry on the topic,

The most important thing to know in Chemical Equilibria is that you got to define what is acid, and base.

Today, I am gonna cover this topic. Note that, there are many way proposed by many scientist to define a base and acid:eek_big:, we would only be focus on Bronsted-Lowry Theory of Acid and Base.:doh:

A Base: is any substance that can accept a proton. For example CH3COO-

An acid is any substance that can donate a proton. CH3COOH

The acid and base are conjugate pair. Since free protons can not exist in the solution, hence there must be a proton accpetor (base) before the proton donor release its proton.

e.g CH3COOH is a conjugate acid of CH3COO- and in another way round...

:hihi:

To be continued .....