Science Forums

Chakras

Queso

Kundulini Yoga works. Back when I was begining to explore the essense of higher human potential, eastern mysticism seemed to suggest a possible path. This was not science but was based on empirical methods developed over centuries by mystics.

The approach for developing the chakras should be two fold. Firstly, do chaotic meditation for a least 2-4 weeks. This will help concentration. Choaotic meditation helps unscramble patterns within the personal unconscious. Most people can not fully relax because of unresolved things in the body, mind and heart. This will teach you to relax so you can concentrate enough for kudulini. For 10 minutes you do chaotic movement, the more nonrhythmic the better. You almost try to do a type of seisure type dance. Next for 10 mins you do an emotional catharsis. Essentially you play act out all types of random exaggerated emotions. Next for 10 mins you talk in gibberish. You talk in sound patterns that are not words with broken cadence. Lastly for 10 mins you just rest with no movement, feelings or thoughts. It is exhausting and uses up the energy that makes one restless, and after a few weeks you will feel calmly empty but focused during the rest stage.

With this calm focus in place, Kundulini yoga is based on visualizing the seven psychic centers of the body along the spine. The base center is at the tip of the spine, at the tail bone. The next is at the genitals. The third is at the belly button, The fourth is at the heart. The fifth is at the throat. The sixth between the eyes and the seventh at the top of the head.

Essentially, you breath in visualizing energy going into the bottom chakra. As you exhale, picture the energy going up the spine out the top of the head. You work your way up the spine, from bottom center to top center, with the exhale energy always going up the spine and out the top of the head. You do the seven chakra's seven times each session. Eventually, one begins to feel a type of resonance forming in these centers. The Kundulini is the energy serpent that lives at base of the spine and it begins to migrate up to the top of the head. (as the story goes).

I remembers after about month of kundulini before sleep, I began to have some strange experiences. The one that made me stop this mediation was a feeling of leaving my body. This was what I was trying to do, but when it seemed to be finally happening (at some level of the imagination) I became afraid and stopped the yoga. I wasn't certain I could return again. Instead, I decided to approach higher human potential using the theories of Jungian psychology.

did you watch the video i sent you?

Yeah the one where the guy talks about the breathing technique and smoking dmt?

Hydrogen bond, thank you for your thorough post.

Exactly what I wanted to hear.

I will print it, and practice

further research is eminent.

Chakra is a Sanskrit word for a series of circular energy centers in and around the body. There are chakras, or energy centers, in the palms of your hands and on the soles of your feet, and there are seven central chakras in a line up the center of your body. There is also a chakra just above your aura, called the Gold Sun chakra p 144. Refer to YOUR AURA & YOUR CHAKRAS THE OWNERS MANUAL by Karla McLaren.

The First ( or Kundalini ) Chakra- Bright Red

The Second (or Hara ) Chakra- Warm Orange

The Third ( or Solar Plexus ) Chakra -Sunny Yellow

The Fourth ( or Heart ) Chakra - Emerald Green

The Fifth ( or Throat ) Chakra -Sapphire Blue

The Sixth ( or Third Eye ) Chakra -Brillant Indigo

The Seventh ( or Crown ) Chakra -Purple/Violet

The Eighth ( or Gold Sun ) Chakra - Golden

The Hand Chakras

The Foot Chakras

Without a personal connection to our spirituality and to God, most of us live in a netherworld, however pretty or moneyed it might be. We place our spiritual communication skills in the hands of churches and clergy, or shamans and mystics, and miss out on the greatest and most evolutionary adventure of all: the search for personal relevance, individual destiny, and a rich, meaningul path--Karla McLaren

I trust this will be helpful.

Alluvia

Those colors,

They can be perceived thru feeling, no?

They are tuned frequencies, and we can feel colors simply by feeling the energy.

Just like how I can tell that bass note is F#, I can feel it in my feet.

Took me years to be able to do that with sound,

I am looking forward to the following years on the path to enlightenment.

Kundulini yoga focuses on only the seven along the spine. I may have mixed up the bottom two. The base of the spine may be connected to the genitalia and the second from bottom to the spleen in the lower abdomen. The ones in the hands and feet can be used to feel the seven along the spine in other people. I used to use this as a dating trick. I could feel which is more active and tell something about the person. For example, a quiet person with a big heart would often have strong output from the heart chakra but less coming from the back of the neck, i.e., voice box. It was often fun to sit back to back. Two complementary opposites might have alternate chakras of higher magntitude forming one complete set. Other human pairs resonate around certain areas due to double overlap.

From a scientific point of view, this may seem like pseudo-science. But if one looks at this logically, nervous tissue is charge in motion. This current should give off EM fields of varous magnitude depending on the amount of current within that nerve area. The nerves in the hand, theoretically, can act as an induction device, with the EM fields along the chakras causing current flow in the hand to give a type of subtle sensory affect. This signal goes into the brain inducing an affect in the imagination. Many of the methods attempt to give a memory organization for logical translation of these signals. One only needs a sensitive instrument to collect such data and a memory system in place for drawing reasonable conclusions.