Science Forums

Marijuana as Medicine

Opium And Marijuana Research Go Underground

ScienceDaily (Nov. 2, 2007) — The world's leading expert on the opium poppy has joined forces with researchers working on another infamous drug-producing plant -- cannabis -- in hopes of finding new uses for the much-maligned sources of heroin and marijuana.

Opium And Marijuana Research Go Underground

Very sad

Well there is asong called "COws with Guns" but this is from Left field(actually New Zealand)

Pot-smoking cows could stop BSE, maybe

September 17, 2007 10:24am

Article from: NEWS.com.au

A NEW Zealand pro-cannabis groups says it has scientific evidence that cannabis can stop the development of mad cow disease.

. . .

Scientists at the National Centre for Scientific Research in France found cannabidiol - a non-psychoactive ingredient - may prevent the development of prion diseases (progressive neurodegenerative disorders), the most well known of which is BSE, Norml said.

http://hypography.com/forums/medical-science/7797-marijuana-medicine.html

There is all sorts of money in drugs, research, policing, running jails etc?

Peter Facchini, professor of Biological Sciences and Canada Research Chair in Plant Biotechnology, has received a $650,000 NSERC Strategic Project Grant to create new varieties of opium poppy and cannabis that can be used for medicinal and industrial purposes, but will have no value as illicit drugs. And his work is taking him where few Canadians have gone before: Deep underground into the country's ultra high-security medicinal marijuana growth facility.

Search for new uses for heroin and marijuana

Speaking of cows;

I've seen cows eat the psilocybe cubensis mushroom that grows off their dung in the warm humid regions of Florida.

So if the holy cow eats it's own psychedelic mushroom . .

I think blowing some ganja smoke in a cows face would help him out a bit.

Especially with all of those stomachs . . wow. (For all of those who don't know, marijuana is the best cure for stomache discomfort of any kind)

Following along here I think about my mothers poor chihuahua. she rescued her from supposedly a very abusive past. very strange little dog. I forget the story but in a nutshell this dog can only eat this certain kind of food or it will die, basically.

Sometimes in the past when she wouldn't eat her food I would blow a hit or 2 in her face and she would make this cute little sneeze and just meditate like the sphynx.

Then immediately when we went inside she would eat.

Never told my mom about it :) but I did help the pup.

I know it sounds pretty wacky to blow ganja smoke in your dogs face,

but I'm an animal too and I know how it feels to not be able to eat.

Some of the best medicines I've found on this planet are illegal,

I know. I also know first hand that it works in cases like these. over and out-

It's true.

When the temperatures rise and the rain falls the lightening strikes the cow poops the mycilia forms over a period of about a week and the spores get swooshed around the muddy grasslands and when the sun rises in the morning psilocybe cubensis rise over night.

I used to go out and pick these back in the day. I liked roaming with the cows. It blew my mind to actually see one of the cows eat one of the caps.

They're affected by psilocybin too, right? I don't see why not.

Unless all those stomachs break it down or something...?

Our stomachs break down DMT and without an maoi we can ingest a ton of it orally and it wouldn't affect us at all.

Maybe cows have some sort of mechanism like that?

Maybe cows trip too?

Either way, that's fascinating that thc can kill mad cow disease.

That's not true at all. I've seen them growing on grass on the coast of WA state with no cows anywhere in site.

Well yeah depends on the region.

It was true for the psilocybe cubensis in the south.

Dead of winter cold california mountains you can find thousands of strains! everywhere you look there's some different kind of mushroom.

No poop or lightning needed.

It was true for the psilocybe cubensis in the south.

Paul Stamets' excellent book Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World states that cubensis grows "...on dung of bovines (cattle, oxen, yaks, water buffalo), horse, or elephant dung and on well manured grounds..."

So cows are not necessary, but certainly more plentiful in the south than, say, water buffalo.

I find the lightening attribution a bit hokey sounding, but unfortunately Stamets says nothing about it. Do you have a reference?

Perhaps pm me because we've gone a bit off track at this point...:hihi:

eh marijuana, psilocybin, it's in the same catagory in my book. (my book is a big wizards book :hihi:

I was being metaphorical.

In the spring time, when summer is approaching, if I'm in the south I have dreams of mushrooms every night.

The lightning picks up, and I can feel the season change.

When I eat mushrooms I feel like I have lightning inside of me. Lightning mind, thunderous body.

Psychedelics come off as electric sometimes...know what I mean?

The lightning is a natural representation of the psychedelic brain/mind.

Mushrooms do not need lightning to grow.

Maybe they do.

Maybe it helps.

I don't know.

All I know is I love paul stamets and his research! His lectures are phenomenal.

On subject: I made a marijuana tincture with honey oil and everclear. Just a teaspoon of this ingested orally does my body good (without the harmful effects of smoking)

I really want to get some food-grade glycerine and make a pastey tincture with it.

some days in florida I see over 100 lightning strikes all around me. St. Petersburg (near my parents house) is the lightning capital of the world.

My older friend who has worked with horses for decades was taking care of a horse one night who's owners thought it was dying. Even the veterinarian thought so.

When they left to go do something ( I forget what)

He seized the opportunity and lit a bowl of marijuana under the horses nose.

The horse inhaled deeply,

and after a while and some huge farts the horse was perfectly fine and showed no signs of death what-so-ever.

Marijuana somehow makes the internal organs of animals rhythmic, loose, relaxed, and in-tune.

I am told that Canada was going to allow medical pot.

But the USA went ape and threatened trade sanctions etc

Anyone know anything about this?

How can the Yanks spend 10 Billion a year on an anti-drug battle and be losing the war?

Is prohibition effective?

Marijuana somehow makes the internal organs of animals rhythmic, loose, relaxed, and in-tune.

Fascinating story.

I know a horse herbalist who uses it but she dosn't say much about how she uses it

My internal organs seem musically relaxed enough these days.

I find the lightening attribution a bit hokey sounding, but unfortunately Stamets says nothing about it. Do you have a reference?

It is found universally in World folk-lore about mushrooms.

It is an 'old wives tale' that I believe.

Although I don't know how commercial mushroom farmers produce lightening :hihi:

It is interesting the cow/buffalo connection.

As man started to domesticate animals he started to develop religion.

Perhaps, initially, with the help of psychoactive herbs?

Duh! :)

OK, I'm teaching you to suck eggs.:hihi:

But the thought may not have occurred to some of the more rigid :naughty:on the Theology Forums.

Our stomachs break down DMT and without an maoi we can ingest a ton of it orally and it wouldn't affect us at all.

Have you seen the kids' toy appropriately named "Magic Beads" that when ingested produces DMT. There have been some very worried parents as the kids react badly to it and go into a comatose like state. Three OZ States have banned the toy now (See Australia thread)

Have you seen the kids' toy appropriately named "Magic Beads" that when ingested produces DMT. There have been some very worried parents as the kids react badly to it and go into a comatose like state. Three OZ States have banned the toy now (See Australia thread)

WHAT????????????????