Science Forums

Future bicycle

hi .

future bicycle is a simple bicycle with a battery charger attached to it.

as u paddle the attached DYNAMO will produce electricity which could be used to charge a dead or weak battery.

how 'bout this idea.

please give ur views on it.

I have already done this little project... and the discussion was held in a thread...

http://hypography.com/forums/science-projects-homework/6565-human-kinetic-energy-conversion.html

It works well... the secret is in using a good amount of capacitators.

Have you ever driven a bicycle with a generator spinning off a tire to power head and tail lights at night? That will quickly disabuse you of any notion of "free energy." Muscle is a remarkably inefficient way to transform calories into joules. Did the Industrial Revolution somehow escape your attention?

Get a horse or a pair of bullocks and go off the grid.

Blimy! Do you know what they get for a bullock these days!:hihi: Let alone a pair.:eek2:

Champion exhibit was a Black Limousin cross bullock from Messrs W D Stephen and Co, Meikle Geddes, Nairn which scaled 344kg and realised £920 to the judge Mr R Alexander, Auchenbreddie, Insch.

buy a bullock

How long would it take to pay off the investment in bullock power assuming a pair driving a generator matched to their jewels...err jules?. (bullocks got no jewels;) :eek2: )

I know what you mean Al, I was just poking fun I was just outlining that they are the same thing, energy, just out by a scalar multiple.

How many scalar multiples of feed do we need for our bullock team?:lol:

Get a horse or a pair of bullocks and go off the grid.
Bavarian beer horses!

That's the type of horse that was used to define HP by measuring their capability of drawing weights up from a well. Their average power is 1HP = 735W. What horsepower does your car engine have? Compare the cost of driving it around with that of using a team of horses.