Science Forums

Physics or Engineering?

Definitely civil engineering! Create the future, persistence of your efforts, give the military worthwhile targets.

RAT ON, DUDE!

The difference between aerospace engineering and civil engineering: one builds weapons, the other builds targets.

HINT:: If you're not sure whether to major in Physics or Engineering in college, ask yourself how much Science Fiction do you read: (a) More than one per month? -- major in Physics. (:cup: More than one per year? -- major in Engineering. © none? -- Pick some other major!

RAT ON, DUDE!

The difference between aerospace engineering and civil engineering: one builds weapons, the other builds targets.

HINT:: If you're not sure whether to major in Physics or Engineering in college, ask yourself how much Science Fiction do you read: (a) More than one per month? -- major in Physics. (:cup: More than one per year? -- major in Engineering. © none? -- Pick some other major!

Well, I love science fiction. I love Stargate Atlantis and SG-1. Heh. Everytime I listen to McKay talk about Ancient technology and everything, I want to pursue Physics. Haha.

Well though I cant say it was stargate that put me onto this path (I had already chosen astrophysics before) but Carter said she had done astrophysiscs :D

Yeah, around the time when I was in junior high, I was real into astrophysics and theoretical physics. Of couse, I was only able to understand everything at the lay level. :D

well if you find it interesting this is a chance to understand it at a whole new level. Of course if you have your heart set on engineering I do know people that pick up astro subjects as electives from an eng degree.. you just got to find the right balance for you.