Science Forums

Future of American politics

What will the future US political party majority be in the future?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will the future US political party majority be in the future?

• The U.S. will maintain conservative majority well into the future
    • The U.S. will switch to a more liberal majority in the very near future
    • It does not matter to me

Okay... well as of now, the United States as a whole remains more conservative than liberal. As of now, Republicans hold majority in Congress, and, obviously, we have a Republican president. It is becoming evident however, that things may be starting to shift in favor of a more democratic society (especially among the newer generations).

What do you guys think?

Will the US maintain an greater overall republican view?

OR

Will the US switch to a more democratic majority sometime in the near future?

Please explain your choice.

I would like a third option, "It does not matter". The divide between the liberal and conservative parties sides is not easy to spot for outsiders. When I lived in the States in the early 1990s I had the, uhm, pleasure to see fellow students be shipped of to the Gulf War (the first), and see Bill Clinton elected.

While I liked Clinton better than Bush Sr (probably mostly because he was younger and an unlikely President), he still started his presidency by popping off a few rockets against Baghdad for good measure.

That said I realize your question is about people in general and not the leadership. I do believe that the US population is a very complex electorate. People voting for liberal idea A will also vote for conservative project B. You have a lot of die-hards of course.

I think it will be a while before we see liberalism flower like in the late Vietnam war era. Maybe we have seen hints of it during the (second) Gulf War, but in my eyes the US is sticking to it's inherent conservative ways and it's pretty much how I view the country with my stereotypical eyes.

This became more rambling than argumentation so take for what it's worth.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Can I even add another option to the poll??

Whatever. I'm pretty sure that most Americans would not choose the "I don't care" option, simply because the fate of American ideologies is such a hot debate right now... in fact I was inspired to create this thread based on a segment on CNN about 2 hours ago.

Oh well.

Okay... well as of now, the United States as a whole remains more conservative than liberal.

a more democratic society (especially among the newer generations).

What do you guys think?

switch to a more democratic majority sometime in the near future?

It would be nice if the USA became democratic. A change of government won't do that.

Here is some of the past and future of American politics now being exported arround the world.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/the-influence-of-hidden-prophets/2006/07/01/1151174401719.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap2

I predict the Democrats will capture both houses of Congress this November and will begin impeachment procedings against Bush in early 2007. Liberalism will triumph over religious fundamentalism which has hyjacked the Republican party. This depends on whether Bush conveniently captures bin Ladin and/or begins withdrawl from Iraq before the election.

Liberalism will triumph over religious fundamentalism which has hyjacked the Republican party.

Religious fundamentalism is much more devious, well-financed and widespread than you think. Check out my link in the post above.

Religious fundamentalism is, after all, what we are fighting against in the so-called "war on terror"

A big story in the new today was Massachusettes Governer Mitt Romney ®.

He's Mormon if you did not know.

He was supposed to be one of the biggest potential presidential candidates for 2008, but recent polls showed that about half of the people polled would not vote for a Mormon candidate.

He's running Republican, so could this be a final blow to the Republican party?? Or do you think people will get over the fact that he's a Mormon??

I may make a poll about this!