Science Forums

All-seeing eye and the Cosmic density pyramid

MnMs_G

Strange how the all-seein' eye and the aspect of universe are clumped together ! Was readin' about it and somehow it didn't make much sense .

It is said that the eye represents the heavier elements of the matter in the universe and coincidentally it is the eye of the god so well if god was to be made of matter then we are all god, ya !!

The pyramid reflects the cosmic density of the universe - the dark energy being the bottomost part - somehow , condensin' the dark matter/energy into a pyramid with boundaries contradicts the theories that the universe is expandin'.

I guess what I am tryin' to ask is - can the ever-expandin' universe be depicted by a pyramid and how is the percentages of how much is dark energy or dark matter etc. etc. quantified by numbers ??? :)

And why is the all seein' eye connected to the pyramid of universe ???

the half finished pyramid is to represent that we will never achieve perfection but continue to strive for it, the all seeing eye above the half finished pyramid represents the fact that God (or some supreme being) watches over us and helps us in our quest for perfection.

I guess that is what you were asking about. I don't know what it has to do with dark matter.

Was readin' about it and somehow it didn't make much sense

Really?

It is said that the eye represents the heavier elements of the matter in the universe and coincidentally it is the eye of the god so well if god was to be made of matter then we are all god, ya !!

"Az di bobe vot gehat beytsim volt zi geven mayn zeyde."

Do I have three grandfathers?

Strange how the all-seein' eye and the aspect of universe are clumped together ! Was readin' about it and somehow it didn't make much sense .

The pyramid reflects the cosmic density of the universe - the dark energy being the bottomost part - somehow , condensin' the dark matter/energy into a pyramid with boundaries contradicts the theories that the universe is expandin'.

I guess what I am tryin' to ask is - can the ever-expandin' universe be depicted by a pyramid and how is the percentages of how much is dark energy or dark matter etc. etc. quantified by numbers ??? :phones:

I'm not going to look up the exact figures, but as I recall dark energy accounts for about 76%, dark matter around 20% and ordinary matter makes up just 4% of the known universe.

• 2 weeks later...

Any links to the dark-energy/pyramid exposition?

Here's an article on the symbology of Eye of Providence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence

Here's one on the Great Seal Of the United States:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Seal_of_the_United_States#Reverse

Now you see me, now I'm behind the pyramid.:hihi:

:hihi:
/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this thread and I couldn't resist. Besides many other religions the All Seeing Eye is also very well known as a Deist symbol. I'm a Deist so this symbol is something I think about quite often. Now to understand what people mean about it representing the universe you have to understand that in Deism we believe that we have a supreme being that created the universe.

Kinda like a child spinning a top and then standing aside to watch the top spin. We believe in reason through nature and that "God" (as most call it) is part of that universe and everything in it. We are one,it is part of us, we are part of it.

The All Seeing Eye has symbolized how our one Consciousness remains with us through the three ages of our lives: youth, adulthood and old age. The three points at the triangle also stand for birth, life and death, and the eye in the center is that which is beyond them. The Eye is the symbol of the soul, of perception and awareness. The triangle has many meanings, but all of them have to do with unity and diversity. Of becoming whole. It is one of the most widespread symbols in the world, and one of the oldest.

The all seeing eye is a freemason symbol - it is an eye with light extending from it hovering above a pyramid. It features on the american one dollar notes :)

Now tell me what does this have to do with astronomy and cosmology?

The All Seeing Eye has never been a Masonic symbol.

Freemasonry is a huge part of my families heritage going back generations so this is something else I know a little about.

This is from a Grand Lodge website.

Is the eye and pyramid a masonic symbol?

No.

Of the four men involved in designing the USA seal in 1776, only Benjamin Franklin was a freemason, and he contributed nothing of a masonic nature to the committee’s proposed design for a seal. The committeemen were Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and John Adams, with Pierre Du Simitiere as artist and consultant......

It goes on to say...

The misinterpretation of the seal as a masonic emblem may have been first introduced a century later in 1884. Harvard professor, Eliot Charles Norton (1827-1908), wrote that the reverse was "practically incapable of effective treatment; it can hardly, (however artistically treated by the designer), look otherwise than as a dull emblem of a masonic fraternity."

Hope that helps.