Science Forums

Catapult problem

Roadam

Big thanks Tim_Lou.

All the tests I have done shows that most important is only R/r and M of course. Well, I still have a machine which throws a stone about 12 meters forward. Maybe I will use 50 kg weight(10 kg now) and a lever 2 meters long(1 meter) and some bigger wheel(if I find bigger than .6 meters in diameter).

You should have seen the heliopolis i made i fired it thinking it would go no where but it flew over 3 blocks (bout 500 m ) It was so good.

To make it you get 3 planks of wood 2 planks of a flexi wood like spruce i think and 1 of a wood like yew you put them together and mak a giant cross bow.

I havent seen the show, but how large was that trebuchet. Mini weights around 1000kg. Are you sure that they didnt launch a stone at mini?

As for my leverwheel, it is now equipped with 3meter pole but yust 10 kg weight. Tim Lou, that formula really works.

What is the secret behind trebuchet?

BTW a Mini is not a BMW. It is a Cooper.

Really? Huh... So what's up with the following?

http://www.forbes.com/2001/12/10/1210feat_9.html

One thing to remember: The Mini in any spec will be superior to several cars on our list because it gets BMW technology (BMW owns Mini) at far less than typical BMW pricing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini_Cooper

MINI is both the name of a subsidiary of BMW, and a car produced by that subsidiary since 2001