Science Forums

Scrooge McDuck

billg

This is not really a serious question - but me and some friends were arguing about the physics of Scrooge McDuck diving into his room full of coins and swimming through it like water (as in the cartoon Duck Tales), and how he did it. Someone suggested he could have the perfectly shaped beak for diving in coins or that he was made of much denser material (someone suggested he might be a good source of dark matter... or DUCK matter). I just wondered if anyone here had any implausible ideas about how Scrooge could manage this? http://www.lambdapsiphi.com/daft/daft/images/dtopen5.jpg(a picture of McDuck diving into his money)

I intend to do first hand imperical testing on this subject. I am making a duck suit for 3 year old. Please send all your spare gold coins and treasure to my house in Madison. I need enough to fill a small above ground swimming pool. I promise to send a DVD of the whole thing to eveyone who donates to the experiment. I think he puts vasoline on the treasure to both lubricate for treasure swimming and protect from tarnishing.

Bill

Please send all your spare gold coins and treasure to my house in Madison. ...I think he puts vasoline on the treasure to both lubricate for treasure swimming and protect from tarnishing.

Bill

:hihi: All mine are buried either in the Nevada desert or in the mountains outside Boulder Colorado. Fortunately, gold never tarnishes...ever.:eek: