Science Forums

Science and Religion

Mercedes Benzene

2) religion - is the love of and study of "godly" wisdom. This is not relegated only to the Christian god, but to all who believe in a spiritual world. However, when one identifies with a particular religion, then they must demonstrate adherence to those religious beliefs, and not just "pick and choose" those beliefs they like. Such treatment of a religion is in fact a way of converting that religion into a personal philosophy.

I disagree with what I bolded. You are asserting, with this, that religion is not personal, but a set of laws laid out in a book. Given that every book is written by a man, for you it seems the only difference between a religion and personal philosophy is that a religion is a personal philosophy that was codified and now has many followers. This I disagree with.

As I have previously mentioned, I also disagree that the study of any good literature is a scientific process.

-Will