Science Forums

Hho

C1ay

Klein need not have patented it, the idea is OOOOLLLD See Brown's Gas

"Brown's gas (named for its inventor, Yull Brown) is a mixture of oxygen and hydrogen produced by electrolyzing water in a special way. Its proponents claim that it has unusual properties unlike those of an ordinary mixture of diatomic hydrogen and oxygen."

This is another patent office screw-up.

Brown's gas is technically a mixture of H2 and O2 having the exact stochiometric ratio of 2/3 (or 66.66% by volume) of hydrogen and 1/3 (or 33.33% by volume) of oxygen.

This guy is trying to say that his gas is not Brown's gas but some new species of molecule, thus HHO. He's got a paper on it here. He claims the released hydrogen atoms form some kind of magnecular bond and that this pair forms a regular molecular bond with an oxygen atom, forming (HxH)-O. He's basically claiming a rearrangement of the water molecule that requires less energy than traditional electrolysis and effectively produces a burnable form of water.

I think it's just a way of attempting to dance around an existing patent that shouldn't exist in the first place.

let's review:

Klein's gas:

1. flame temperature itself is only between 259° F to 279° F (126.11° C to 137.22 ° C) when combusted in ambient open air
  2. produces no toxic fumes when burned because it is pure water
  3. develops a temperature differential of from 270° F to well over 6000° C depending on the material substrate being worked, this alllows each material to be worked with dissimilar materials or separately without changing the fuel or its setting.
  4. can be used as a conventional welding gas using standard gas welding equipment and techniques with superior results such as no oxidation, higher weld integrity, no burn back on weld cutting edges and almost no slag produced.
  5. When the generator is used as a gas welder, new gas can weld, cut, braze, solder, metal clad and fuse ceramics, metals, cermets, glass, plastics and inter-metallic materials together such as metal-to-metal, metal to glass, ferrous to nonferrous and dissimilar metals to each other, a process hereto unavailable by true fusion.
  6. when combusted, produces no ultra-violet radiation and it does not require special protective eyewear or clothing when used.
  7. generated on location eliminating the need for gas tanks, bottles and large storage facilities that are inherently hazardous

-- source

Brown's Gas:

1. 'laser-like': long, thin, implosive
  2. 'cool': radiates at 274°F / 129°C.
  3. inherently a correct mixture
  4. minimal flareout
  5. does not require atmospheric oxygen to burn
  6. does not deplete oxygen in area
  7. can burn in vacuum
  8. flame energy is controllable by volume of gas & distance from work (allows operator extreme precision and flexibility)
  9. no harmful radiation emissions
  10. clean: exhaust is pure water
  11. flame is easily shut off & restarte
  12. Brown's Gas reverts to pure water when burned.
  13. Unique and efficient medium for transmitting electrical energy into materials
  14. water and air dissipate the electrical energy with minimal heating
  15. 3.8 times the energy potential of a diatomic flame of equal mass

--source

Seem familliar?

There is good reason U.S. Patent Application 2004/0149591 A1 is still patent-pending.

Klean's gas Debunk!

"...what is disclosed in the patent application does not convince or prove to me that magnecule HHO is formed and has any stability. Some analytical results, similar in description to those from the electric arc experiments, are available in the patent. No detailed data is given for energy released from these magnecules with storage time. There is no discussion of the materials or required electric and magnetic fields for containing or transferring this highly energetic gas...."

Then what is the car running on?
The car appears to be either running on pre-gassed (if not atomized) 2H2 O2, or on fuel that has been enriched with this to give a more effective burn. That's all good in my books.

Wow! Wish I saw that before my project on fuel cells! Anyways, what keeps the HHO from going back to H2O? And how does he make it HHO in the first place?

Well, I watched the video & he showed it does go back to water & he said the electrolysis technique is patented. Accessing...

Anyone tried this rig underwater?:hyper: :eek_big:

water and air dissipate the electrical energy with minimal heating

edit: it just occured to me you mean ignighting it and doing the welding under the surface. Since the flame is implosive this seems possible, the gasses might push the water out of the way allowing a weld to be done on something inside the flame; though I havn't seen anything directly on it and this is just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a strange twist on 'water fuels'; a claim of MIB forcing some people building this equipment to stop!:shrug:

http://pesn.com/2006/06/02/9500276_Water_fuel_experimenter_threatened/

Ken Rasmussen's research team has been working on a process that turns out to have similarities to the super-efficient electrolysis process being developed by Professor Kanarev. Rasmussen's work ceased after a member of the team was threatened at gunpoint.

:evil:

:evil:

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a strange twist on 'water fuels'; a claim of MIB forcing some people building this equipment to stop!:shocked:

http://pesn.com/2006/06/02/9500276_Water_fuel_experimenter_threatened/

:eek2:

:Waldo:

I must say that is pretty crazy. But I do like the part about revealing all research to those interested all over the internet. That sounds like the tables have turned. I suggest an international boycott on petroleom based products. Why buy gas? Lets all run off of Water....I will...eh, eventually. The fall of man is near. And by man, I mean oil industry tycoons. And by fall, I mean, literally FALL.

"How strong art thou? Strong enough to ride the clouds?" ~Hudson Soft