Science Forums

Is this new?

TheBigDog

I just started seeing these ad hyperlinks embedded in the text of the threads. Is this a new "feature" or is it some kind of spyware on my PC?

Bill

I presumed they are part of the ad arrangement. Underlined & red 'hotwords" with an ad box if you put the cursor on it.:) :eek: :D

test: science

I was going to PM T about this - I though they where just going to remain in the hypography part of the site and not the forums and if they did end up in the forums I thought that members or at least sponsors would be spared of seeing them everywhere...

Members see them, sponsors don't. But I had forgot to wrap the "sponsor-exception" tags around them...sorry folks.

They only show up in the threads (not other pages, I made a mistake when I set it up so that it showed in a lot of pages where it shouldn't) and should not have an impact on page load more than perhaps a few milliseconds.

I just started seeing these ad hyperlinks embedded in the text of the threads. Is this a new "feature" or is it some kind of spyware on my PC?

Next time you see one, hover over it and click on the "What's this" in the bottom right corner of the ad. It will take you to an explanation page.

On that page you may also opt out of seeing the ads!

Yes, the Kontera adlinks has that built in.

Can you elaborate some? I've clicked on the "What's this" link and gone to their site, but saw no options to disable them from my system. I will admit it was cool learning more about their options, but I still wouldn't mind disabling the links like sponsors do. :shrug:

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the above and this isn't possible... no big deal if so. Have a good night. :omg:

Can you elaborate some? I've clicked on the "What's this" link and gone to their site, but saw no options to disable them from my system. I will admit it was cool learning more about their options, but I still wouldn't mind disabling the links like sponsors do. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the above and this isn't possible... no big deal if so. Have a good night. :)

It's possible but I'm not telling. It's there. :hihi: