Science Forums

US and EU sanctions

sanctus

Did the Iraq embargo work?

Seems a lot of nations ignored it.

Shoudn't we be supporting grass roots democracy even if we don't agree with the policies?

Thats what I believe, I waas saying on the example of Iraq that the embargo didn't work, it actually worsened things. If you did'nt understand my post this way, I'm sorry it must be because I learned english only back in '99.

I don't believe in god, but I do believe in what others call utopies.

What are "utopies" ?

This is a bit off topic but I'll give you a short answer, if you would like to discuss you can start a new thread (and send me pm so that I actually see it).

I believe in mankind I don't believe that the humans are neccessarily by nature bad. For example people often say "history shows it there have always been wars therefore there will always be wars". I don't believe in that. But I see that this is a belief (can't prove it just motivate it, how could one prove the future of mankind?) that's why I put it on the same ground as god. Those people saying this phrase above would say "its nice your believe, but to me its just an utopy", that's why I say that "what others call utopies".

Another of this pseudo-utopies is that I believe that aim of the evolution of mankind should be anarchy (=society whit NO NEED of laws not with abolished ones as the punks like to say) I started once a thread on it you may search for it in the philosophy and humanities forum.