Science Forums

Business Software Alliance

This thread was spawned by a coincidence of reading and daily news.

Business Software Alliance or BSA is the watch dog agency that imposes hefty fines for companies using pirated software...

Is it anything more than a puppet of Microsoft that scares people into accepting their over-priced software??

With Chinese President Hu visiting Seattle and Bill Gates today, I wonder if they discussed China's heavy use of pirated software? ;)

Is BSA anything to be worried about? or is it just BS? :shrug:

Not that I'm bootlegging pirated software, BWAAAAHAHAHA :pirate: :evil: :pirate:

anyone?

as a side note, President Hu and President Bush couldn't get anything done...

China is playing hard ball! :ebasball:

They need to bring BSA over to China and bust them for not paying for their software! that would lower the trade deficit....wouldn't it??

Does anyone pirated software? and does it matter? :confused:

i would have to agree, that this probably would not extend, at least as much to individual software users, and is more focused on commercial use of pirated software, perhaps if you are a web designer and use Photoshop, obviously not having the $1000 to spend on the new versions, then, perhaps you may be in trouble as an individual, but home user, who uses his soft once a month to do something, i'd highly doubt as to how much M$ will try to track you...

in any case, i am safe, as i dont use any illegal (except maybe for the adblock automatic policy updater) or any pirated software, oh and i didnt pay a dime for anything...