Science Forums

Dxm

P-man

ewwwww,

I have no idea how to extract dxm from the cough solution....

um,

I HIGHLY DO NOT RECCOMEND DOING SO

If you want to extract psychdelic chemicals you might as well just chop down some san pedro cacti.

Search google, maybe there are some idiots out there that have done this.

:) :( :lol: :hihi:

awesome.

Is DXM Dangerous?

Yes, especially if you take too much. Some of the more important dangers you might want to know about are:

Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, and allergic reactions (often from the cough syrup itself)

Hot flashes, dizziness, and bad trips

Psychotic breaks (generally from high dose use)

Psychological addiction and depression (generally from regular use)

Irreversible brain damage (from chronic use at high doses)

The last -- brain damage -- is fairly rare, occurring in less than 1% of the regular users I've interviewed. They all used DXM very frequently. If you do DXM twice a month or less, you'll probably be OK. But remember there's always the risk of something going wrong.

HAVE FUN! ;) :cup: :) :)

Anyone know how to extract it from the cough stuff?

well, extraction is a much greater task than necissary when trying to experiment with a more pure form of this chemical.

if you're really interested, you can check out www.legalhighs.org.

they're legit, and they carry dxm in pure tablets. they carry both 250 milligram tabs and 500 milligram tabs.

if you want to go with a method that is over the counter, you want to find cough medicines that contain ONLY dextramethorphan as an active ingredient. coricidin cough & cold (aka triple c), for example,is a bad source as it contains Chlorpheniramine Maleate.

robitussin cough gels are capsules which contain 15 milligrams of dxm each, with no other active ingredients. they are the easiest to find around where i live, and i think they wouldn't be too hard to find anywhere else.

it is also important to note that some products contain as much as half as much dxm per capsule/spoonful than others, so pay attention to just how much you're taking in.

check out the erowid page on dxm dosage for a better measurement . . .

also, check out the guide to dxm containing products, also on erowid.org, at http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_info2.shtml

as far as MY experience goes with this chemical . . .

ingesting dxm was the first time my mind has been chemically altered, and for that specific reason, i will always remember it as an eye opener.

however,

as i've found over the past few years, there are much, much better ways to alter the fabric of reality, and bend perception to your will,

many of which don't require any kind of substance intake at all.

so, to wrap up . . .

if you want to try dxm, try dxm, but you have to stay smart about it.

that's basically where erowid, and a positive envioronment come in.