Science Forums

Torrent clients and ports

..he is leeching off their downloads, and unless they have unlimited they would probably care.. with regards to speed - 512kbps is a decent connection, basic wireless 802.11b runs at 11Mb/s from memory, so unless the wireless is that bad of reception that it runs at 1/200 of its speed, then you wont be slowed down.

Who has limited amount of downloads? Never heard of that.:naughty:

Drip can't be getting a very good connection having many walls between him and the router anyways.

Actually, when I'm in the kitchen, garage, caseda, or on the balcony with the lappy, my connection speed is impecable.

but anywhere else in my house, and the speed is just a tad bit slow.

Knowing my neighbor, he's probably paying for the best internet he can get in this ****-hole wanna be community of a settling.

Anyone who doesn't enable encription on their wireless is asking for it.

Gahd, the only way to secure wireless decently well is to do ipsec, with free radius authentication, and no normal home user will spend that much time setting up a wireless network.

FYI, a laptop with 2 wireless cards about 20cm away cracks wep in under a minute. (basically one card acts a a transmitter, and the second one as a receiver, receiver captures an arp packet (and an arp packet is the same length no no matter whether it is enclypted or not), then it uses the transmitter card to resend the captured arp packet thousands of times a second, creating thousands of key files, making the key decryptable in seconds after that...)