Science Forums

Global Warming : Please Help :'(

Thorny

Hello there,

I am a student studying in th UK, i am 15 years old and recieved news the other week of beig invited to a science masterclass in Iceland. Today i recieved my letter from the organisation that is organising it, amongst this i found that some work had to be submitted to enable me to go iceland on this oppertunity of a lifetime trip. I was given a short article telling me that, "a young boy is confused about reporters saying that global warming is caused by Humans, but he would like to know wether it is created by humans or is it a natural occurance"

So in a summary i need the following to be observed:

Who do you feel is causing it

What has caused it (even if humans have caused it)

Figures to analyse

Evidence to back up thoeries

Arguments to looks at

Pointers To Look At

I really want to go on this trip, i have been told i am allowed to askfor help and is not "cheating" it is merely using common sense, all i really need is your beliefs and views upon global warming or even post some reference sites.

You help is much abliged

Sam

For those of you that wish to know how far i have got so far, so i have proof im not just expecting you to do all the work look below:

Found a few earth temparature readings from intervals of 3 years, spanning for a total of 20 years. i have also started planning my opinion on global warming and desicribed in brief what global warming is.

PS: Please excuse the spelling and grammer at this moment in time, been looking all day for data etc.

Howdy Sam...

This is funny, as it's the 2nd "new" post on global warming today. You may just have some competition here. Better watch out. :)

First, go to the search feature on this site and type "global warming." Take your time and read through as many threads as you can from front to back. That should really help you to crystallize your ideas.

Search results: global warming

Best of luck, and enjoy! :lol:

I hear ya buddy, but this aint no Science project, i have uninstalled all my games so i do concentrate on this assignment. I've got a month to submit it, i feel im gonna have to seriously believe and hope for a miracle

-----------------------

Thanks mate, maybe i have got some competition, be even more fun i i have!!!

I hear ya buddy, but this aint no Science project, i have uninstalled all my games so i do concentrate on this assignment. I've got a month to submit it, i feel im gonna have to seriously believe and hope for a miracle

-----------------------

Thanks mate, maybe i have got some competition, be even more fun i i have!!!

All right then!! :)

What does the project entail? and what needs to be done??

We can go from there!

Problem is that people think Global Warming is..: ???

1) A naturally occuring cycle

2) Made by Man's devastating Industrial Machines., or

3) Unsupported by any Facts. either Pro or Con

Ok,

I need to write a 1500 word Essay about what is causing Global Warming. The problem is : A boy is confused how global warmign is caused, is it by Humans and their doings (as a whole) or just a natural occurance that was always going to happen, despite Modern technology and pollution etc.#

I hope that has cleared a few things up, im mainly looking for more data, liek earth temparature recordings. Cheers for your quick replies though guys....