Science Forums

Financial Benchmarking for Corporate Training

InfiniteNow

This is a bit of a "shot in the dark," but I need to learn about some of the financial benchmarks which have been implemented with large, international company's corporate training programs.

I work with an International company that provides very broad training, and we are looking to learn more about things like

Best known practices

Funding initiatives mid-year

Processes

Product flow

How to implement new programs when budgets have been set

...and things like this for other companies which have approximately $14 million annually to spend on training and employee development. We want to know how they do it, and what they do so we can be sure to ask the right questions as we setup our own benchmarks during Q2.

Any of you wonderful Hypographites know of some good starting places or maybe personal insights on the subject? Anybody lurking out there know something? If so, please let me know.

Anything is welcome. I'll be spending some serious google time on this over the next week or so.

Cheers. :doh:

Would love to help you out if possible InfiniteNow.

Could you be a little more specific?

What kind of training?

How broad?

My best friend has a Masters Business Degree from Washington State, and I get free advice. Macro and Micro.

I'm sure people will have some ideas/suggestions.

Need a little clarification.

Our training is very broad. Covers all manner of things. We train our engineers on building and fixing machines. We train our admins on software and organization. We train our teachers on presentation. We train our managers on dealing with staff. We train everyone on safety...

We are looking to figure out some ways to implement new products and things of that nature mid-year. How do other companies with similar scope of training do it? How do they setup their benchmarks so change is possible? That sort of thing.

Don't have too much more information right now. I'll be speaking with our Operations Finance manager more tomorrow morning to see how we're going to proceed in our big meeting. I'm really just helping him with the research side of it right now...

Thanks booger boy... :)

:)