Science Forums

Keeping Up with New Years Resolutions

Racoon

I just realized that I haven't been keeping up with my New Years resolutions!

It's great for about a week, before I revert back to my old ways.! :)

So, here is a chance to clear my conscience and garner support from fellow hypographites.

I still need to drop this extra 10 pounds!!

I'm a Fitness Trainer, and I motivate everyone else around to lose weight and get in shape, But no one motivates me! :)

Plus I need to start saving more money so I can take My Mtn. Bike trip to New Zealand! :)

How has Everyone been doing with their Resolutions???

We Can Support each other and encourage one another!!! :hihi: :hihi: :cup:

Please comment on your progress, or lack thereof.

Give advice on how to overcome obstacles, and all that Happy Happy stuff...

I remember Boereun Quit smoking. How is he doing with that?

I tried to quit smoking for new years.... then I realized that if I didn't have the confidence to change myself without tacking a resolution on a holiday- then I probably didn't have the strength to actually follow through with it.

So, I ended up smoking for about 2 more weeks after new years.... and one day, I just told myself.... "hey, this is your last cigarette, buddy!"

Havn't smoked since then.

For some people, new years resolutions might work well.... but I find that every year... I always end up making the same resolutions that I didn't follow through with the previous year.

It's almost like "hey, lets use new years as an excuse to get REAAALLLY messed up and do all sorts of bad things to our body... and then when we feel bad the next morning, we can make resolutions to redeem ourselves."

Problem is... same **** happens every year.... get really drunk on new years... then the nex morning you wake up saying "I'll never drink ever again"

next year- wake up on new years thinking the same thing.

This obviously isn't how it is with all people- but this is kind of the pattern that I always end up following.